Subject: SC22 N2564 - Denmark National Activity Report for Plenary

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 12:32:04 -0400 (EDT)

_________________ beginning of title page ______________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2564

August 1997

TITLE:
Denmark National Activity Report for the August 1997 JTC 1/SC22 Plenary

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

WORK ITEM:
N/A

STATUS:
N/A

CROSS REFERENCE:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Denmark National Activity Report

ACTION:
To SC22 Member Bodies for information.

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Telephone:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

________________ end of title page; beginning of report ________________

Title: National report from Danish Standards Association (DS)

Source: Danish Standards Association

Document type: NB contribution

Date: 1997-08-15

Action: for information, at SC22 plenary in Ottawa

The Danish ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22 effort is carried out by DS S142
u22, which also coordinates ISO/IEC JTC1/SC21/WG3 (SQL) and
some European activities in CEN/TC304. S142 u22 has a number of
working groups, normally corresponding to a SC22 WG. Some
coordination within Denmark has also been done, notably to the
SC2 and SC7 areas. About 20 experts are involved in u22 and its
WGs.

Denmark is active in a number of SC22 WGs, including WG11 -
bindings, WG14 - C, WG15 - POSIX, WG17 - Prolog, WG19 - VDM-SL,
WG20 - internationalization, WG21 C++, WG22 - PCTE and the JSG -
Java Study Group.

DS has sponsored via the DKUUG organization a number of web
pages for SC22 and the WGs: WG9 - Ada, WG11 - bindings, WG14 - C,
WG15 - POSIX, WG20 - internationalization, WG22 - PCTE as well as a
prototype web page WG99, and are currently preparing pages for
WG4 - COBOL and WG21 - C++. DKUUG is also involved in email
distribution for SC22 and a number of its WGs, and also document
distribution for SC22. DS takes no responsibilities for the
services provided by DKUUG.

DS has intiated fast-tracking DS/ENV 12005, "Procedures for
European registration of cultural elements", after recommendation
from SC22/WG20 and CEN/TC304. 

DS is prepared to host the SC22 plenary in 1998.

Overview of DS activities in SC22

SC22 participation makes up for a significant part of the
activities of DS S142 u22. DS has in the preceeding year been
active in a number of WGs of SC22:

We are not participating in WG3 - APL.

We are commenting on certain aspects of the WG4 - COBOL work,
including SQL interface and internationalization support.

WG11 - bindings - has had growing interest, especially in the
Language Independent Services area. 

WG14 - C - is a WG we have participated in for a long time. We
are here active in the revision of the C standard, especially 
with regards to internationalization and character set support,
alignment with POSIX internationalization, and a proposal to support
hardware IO. We will be hosting a WG14 meeting in June 1998.

WG15 - POSIX - has seen much Danish input, and further input
will be generated for the forthcoming meetings. We are looking
into special Danish efforts on the internationalization and
Language Independent specification areas. 

WG17 - Prolog - has substantial participation from DS. 
 
WG19 - VDM has substantial active particpation from DS.

WG20 - internationalization - has seen a substantial level of
activities from DS.

WG21 - C++ - has some active participation from DS especially
on the internationalization aspects.

WG22 - has active participation from DS via correspondence.

JSG - has had DS participation via correspondence.

End of report. 

___________________ end of SC22 N2564 _______________________________