Subject: SC22 N2548 - Austria National Activity Report - PLENARY AGENDA ITEM

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 12:42:13 -0400 (EDT)

_______________ beginning of title page _____________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2548

August 1997

TITLE:
Austria National Activity Report for the August 1997 JTC 1/SC22 Plenary

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

WORK ITEM:
N/A

STATUS:
This Report will be considered under Agenda Item 7.2 at the August 1997
SC22 Plenary

CROSS REFERENCE:
N/A

DOCUEMTN TYPE:
Austria National Activity Report

ACTION:
To SC22 Member Bodies for information.

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Tel:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

__________________ end of title page; beginning of report ________________

  Austrian National Body Report
  to the ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22 Plenary
  Ottawa, Canada, Aug. 18th-22nd, 1997

  Although unfortunately still ignored by large parts of the local
industry, Austria's SC22 mirror committee AG001.5 is at least still
alive and following some, but not all SC22 working groups.  In
particular, WGs generating large amounts of data, e.g. Posix, can
currently not be followed by our volunteer members.  However, there
is activity in other areas.

  Hosted by Mr Gerhard Schmitt, WG5 Fortran held a meeting at Vienna
in July 1997.

  Hosted by Professor Dr Hanspeter Moessenboeck in cooperation with
Dr Martin Schoenhacker, who was also appointed its convener at the
1996 Plenary of SC22, WG13 Modula-2 met at Linz in March 1997.

  There has been considerable interest in the Java(TM) Language and
System recently, and Austria is also represented in the SC22 Java
Study Group.

                                Dr Martin Schoenhacker
                                Austrian HoD to SC22
                                Vienna Univ. of Technology
                                Karlsplatz 13/186-1
                                A-1040 Vienna, Austria
                                [email-masked]

_____________________ end of SC22 N2548 ________________________________