Subject: SC22 N2539 - Disposition of Comments Report on PDAM4 to ISO 9945-1 - POSIX PII

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 11:59:26 -0400 (EDT)

___________________beginning of title page ____________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2539

August 1997

TITLE:
Disposition of Comments Report on Concurrent PDAM Registration and PDAM
Ballot for: PDAM4 to ISO 9945-1: Information technology - Portable
Operating System Interface (POSIX) - Protocol Independent Interfaces (PII)

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

WORK ITEM:
JTC 1.22.21.01.03.03

STATUS:
N/A

CROSS REFERENCE:
SC22 N2351

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Disposition of Comments Report

ACTION:
To SC22 Member Bodies for information.

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Tel:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

_____________ end of title page; beginning of report _________________

              Disposition of Comments on Concurrent PDAM Registration
              and PDAM Ballot for:  PDAM4 to ISO 9945-1:
              Information technology - Portable Operating System
              Interface (POSIX) - Protocol Independent Interfaces
              (PII)

Recommendation:
	WG15 recommends that Draft 6.6 be forwarded for
	DAM registration and ballot.					**

Country: Canada
Comment:
    An incomplete document has been circulated for ballot and should be
    replaced by IEEE P1003.1g/D6.5 dated August 1996.  Only after reviewing
    the correct document will we be able to comment further on its
    contents.

    The August 1996 Draft 6.5 is the correct draft but there are still some
    outstanding issues that will be addressed as a result of the UK comments
    on this document.  If they substitute the correct draft and address the
    other national body (UK) comments then we can change our vote to approve.
Response:
    Accept. The correct draft appropriately amended was circulated.

Country: France
Comment:
    AFNOR voted "No".  Its vote would be reversed if compatibility 
    problems between X/Open Networking Services (XNS) and IEEE POSIX 
    Protocol Independent Interfaces (PII) which are related to 64 bits 
    environments are resolved.
Response:
    Accept.  Co-ordination of the documents was done in the preparation
    of this draft.

Country: Germany
Comment:
    DIN voted "No" on the ballot until the complete draft is presented
    rather than the "diffs" draft that was originally circulated.
Response:
    Accept.

Country: UK
Comment:
    Concern for the co-ordination of the X/Open XNS document and POSIX
    PII drafts was expressed, with specific detailed descriptions
    of items to change presented.
Response:
    The draft was amended to account for all of the items in the
    UK response.

____________________ end of SC22 N2539 ________________________________