Subject: SC22 N2519 - US Relinquishment of SC22 Secretariat

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 13:34:06 -0400 (EDT)

_________________________beginning of title page ______________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2519

July 1997

SUBJECT:
Relinquishment of Secretariat for ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22, Programming
languages, their environments and system software interfaces

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

WORK ITEM:
N/A

STATUS:
N/A

CROSS REFERENCE:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
N/A

ACTION:
To SC22 Member Bodies, WG Conveners and HODs for information.

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Tel:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

___________________end of title page; beginning of text _____________

ISO/IEC JTC 1                                                         
Information Technology                                                

ISO/IEC  JTC 1 N 4808                   

DATE:  1997.07.10     

REPLACES                                     

DOC TYPE:
National Body Contribution                                            

TITLE:
Relinquishment of Secretariat of ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 22, Programming     
languages, their environments and system software interfaces          

SOURCE:
US National Body                                                      

PROJECT:                   

STATUS:
This document is circulated to JTC 1 National Bodies for consideration
at the September 1997 JTC 1 Plenary meeting in Ottawa.                

ACTION ID:  ACT

DUE DATE:  1997.09.09

DISTRIBUTION:  P and L Members                                             

MEDIUM:  D

DISKETTE NO.:  141       

NO. OF PAGES:  2         

Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1, American National Standards Institute, 11 
West 42nd Street, New York, NY  10036; Telephone:  1 212 642 4932;    
Facsimile:  1 212 398 0023; Email:  [email-masked]                 

								1997-07-09

Relinquishment of Secretariat of ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 22, Programming
languages, their environments and system software interfaces

This letter is to serve as the usual one-year notice that the US National
Body will relinquish the Secretariat of ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 22 effective
1998-07-10.  

The US National Body has determined that it is not in their interest to
retain the SC 22 Secretariat.  This action is based on the current JTC 1
organization and programme of work of SC 22, and is in full recognition of
the reengineering activities underway within JTC 1.  This action is not
intended to preclude the US National Body from volunteering to support any
Secretariats resulting from JTC 1 Reengineering. 

The US National Body trusts that JTC 1 shall be able to appoint a new
Secretariat for JTC 1/SC 22 in due course and are ready to terminate our
services earlier if desired.

					Sincerely,
					Lisa A. Rajchel
					Director International Secretariats
					Standards Facilitation

_____________________ end of SC22 N2519 ____________________________