Subject: SC22 N2501 - Pascal Project Editors Report for SC22 Plenary

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 16:41:59 -0400 (EDT)

__________________ beginning of title page __________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2501

July 1997

TITLE:
Pascal Project Editor's Report for the August 1997 JTC 1/SC22 Plenary

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

WORK ITEM:
N/A

STATUS:
Please note that consideration of this Report will be handled under Agenda
Item 9.2 at the August 1997 SC22 Plenary.

CROSS REFERENCE:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Project Editor's Report

ACTION:
To SC22 Member Bodies for review.

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Tel:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

_______________end of title page; beginning of report ________________

Pascal Report to SC22 Plenary                   July 1997

There has not been any significant development of the Pascal standards 
during the past year, and the current versions are at present under 
maintenance only within X3J9.  However, there have been implementation 
and promotion activities to further interest. 

Status of Standards:

Project 22.08: The current standard is ISO/IEC 7185:1990, Information 
technology, Programming languages - Pascal.  (That is, unextended 
Pascal.) 
This standard is very well established, and no further development is 
anticipated.

Project 22.19: The current standard is ISO/IEC 10206:1991, Information 
technology, Programming languages - Extended Pascal.  No development of 
this standard beyond clarification and minor correction is contemplated 
at present.

Other matters:

Discussions are proceeding with BSI (as holders of the copyright) 
concerning conditions under which the Pascal Validation Suite might 
be made more readily available to implementors and others interested 
in conformance to ISO/IEC 7185. 

A collection of Frequently Asked Questions concerning Pascal standards, 
and an "Introduction to Extended Pascal" have been posted to Web sites. 
There is also a newsgroup comp.lang.pascal.ansi-iso. 

An implementation of ISO/IEC 10206 Extended Pascal (including the Object 
Oriented additions) is expected to be available for Windows NT/95 before 
the date of the SC22 Plenary.  

No SC22 actions relating to Pascal are requested at this time. 

Tony Hetherington
Project Editor

_______________________ end of document SC22 N2501 ______________________