Subject: N4266 - US Contribution to ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 22 Plenary Meeting Re garding TR 14652:2004, 25-28 September 2007

From: Sally Seitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 10:19:51 -0400

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces 
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI) 
  
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 N4266 
  
TITLE: US Contribution to ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 22 Plenary Meeting Regarding TR
14652:2004, 25-28 September 2007 

DATE ASSIGNED: 
2007-08-24 
  
SOURCE: 
US National Body 

BACKWARD POINTER: 
N/A 
  
DOCUMENT TYPE: 
National Body Contribution 

PROJECT NUMBER: 
N/A 
  
STATUS: 
This document is circulated for review and consideration.  It will be
discussed under agenda item 7.1.1 at the September 2007 JTC 1/SC 22 Plenary
in Singapore.

ACTION IDENTIFIER: 
ACT 
  
DUE DATE: 
  
DISTRIBUTION: 
Text 

CROSS REFERENCE: 
  
DISTRIBUTION FORM: 
def 

Sally Seitz 
Program Manager 
American National Standards Institute 
25 West 43rd Street, 4th Floor 
New York, NY 10036 
Tel: 212 642 4918 
Fax: 212 840 2298 

________________________end of cover page, beginning of
document______________________________________________
According to the JTC 1 Directives, 16.4.1 (Maintenance of Type 1 and Type 2
Technical Reports),

16.4.1.1 TRs of types 1 and 2 shall be subject to review by JTC 1 not later
than three years after their publication. The aim of such a review shall be
to re-examine the situation which resulted in the publication of a TR and if
possible to achieve the agreement necessary for the publication of an IS to
replace the TR.

16.4.1.2 The SC responsible for the type 1 or type 2 TR project shall make a
recommendation to JTC 1 prior to the third year after publication, stating
whether the TR should be:

. Converted to an IS without change;

. Revised and published as an IS;

. Confirmed for continuation as a TR;

. Revised for publication as a revision to the TR; . Withdrawn.

-------

Noting that such a review for ISO/IEC TR 14652:2004 is overdue, the U.S.
requests that an item be placed on this year's plenary agenda for review
purposes, and that the following resolution be voted on in relation to that
TR:  

-------

Resolution 07-xx: Withdrawal of TR 14652

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 22 cancels project 22.30.02.03, requests its secretariat
conduct a letter ballot to withdraw TR 14652, and further instructs its
Secretariat to inform SC 35 of this decision, and the result of the ballot.

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 22 further instructs the project editor of this project to
provide a copy of all documents relevant to the canceled project (including
any drafts) to Keld Simonsen for archiving.