Subject: N 4253 - National Body Report of Austria to the 2007 SC 22 Plenar y

From: Sally Seitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 10:13:13 -0400

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces 

Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI) 

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 N4253

TITLE: National Body Report of Austria to the 2007 SC 22 Plenary

DATE ASSIGNED: 
2007-08-08 

SOURCE: 
Austrian National Body

BACKWARD POINTER: 

DOCUMENT TYPE: 
National Body Contribution

PROJECT NUMBER: 

STATUS: 
This document is circulated for review and consideration.  It will be
discussed at the September 2007 SC 22 Plenary under agenda item 7.1.  

ACTION IDENTIFIER: 
ACT

DUE DATE: 
N/A 

DISTRIBUTION: 
text

CROSS REFERENCE: 

DISTRIBUTION FORM: 
def

Address reply to: 
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat 
Sally Seitz 
ANSI 
11 West 42nd Street 
New York, NY  10036 
Telephone:  (212) 642-4918 
Fax:             (212) 840-2298 
Email:  [email-masked]

_________________________________________________end of cover sheet,
beginning of document_________________________
Austrian National Body Report
to the ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22 Plenary 2007

Period covered: September 2006 - August 2007

In Austria, standardization activities are coordinated by ON
(Oesterreichisches Normungsinstitut). The mirror group of ISO/IEC
JTC1/SC22 is called AG 001.5. It is a very small group, making it virtually
impossible to follow all international developments.

However, at least some of the documents could be processed. Most notably,
there is a small group of enthusiasts which deals with C++ and some issues
of the C language.

It should be noted that all activities in the area of programming language
standards are unpaid voluntary efforts here in Austria.
There are still no supporting members from industry, and the financial
situation is therefore unpleasant, to say the least.

It therefore continues to be unlikely that Austrian members will be able to
participate in international meetings, just like Austria will unfortunately
not be represented at this year's SC22 Plenary.

As far as my personal situation is concerned, I have resigned from my
position as convenor of the Austrian SC22 mirror group. There is currently
no successor available, and I don't know what will happen to the mirror
group. As of now, it appears that Austria's level of participation will drop
from "P" to "O" as soon as my resignation has been processed completely.

I will however continue to be available as a point of contact for
WG13 (Modula-2), should any matters arise.

I would like to use this opportunity to thank you all for making my years in
standardization such an interesting experience. It has been both a privilege
and a pleasure to meet you and work with you over the years. Thank you, and
keep up the good work!

On behalf of the Austrian mirror group, I wish you all an interesting,
productive and successful Plenary meeting.

      Best regards,
                              Dr. Martin Schoenhacker
                              (Former) Austrian HoD to SC22
                              [email-masked]

--- End of Austrian NB Report 2007 ---------------------------------

Sally Seitz
Program Manager
American National Standards Institute
25 West 43rd Street, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10036
Tel: 212 642 4918
Fax: 212 840 2298