Subject: SC22 N2489 - Vote Summary of PDA6 to 9945-1: POSIX System API - Realtime Extension (C Language)

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 18:26:08 -0400 (EDT)

_______________________ beginning of title page ________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2489

June 1997

TITLE:
Summary of Voting on PDAM Registration for: PDAM6 to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1996 -
Information technology - Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX) -
Part 1: System Application Program Interface (API) - Amendment 6: Realtime
Extension (C Language)

SOURCE:
Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

WORK ITEM:
JTC 1.22.40

STATUS:
Registration of PDAM6 to ISO/IEC 9945-1 has been approved.

CROSS REFERENCE:
SC22 N2159, N2404

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Summary of Voting

ACTION:
To SC22 Member Bodies for information.

To WG15 for a recommendation on the further processing of the PDAM, taking
into consideration the comments from France and the USA.

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Tel:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

________________end of title page; beginning of overall summary ________

                          SUMMARY OF VOTING ON

Letter Ballot Reference No:  SC22 N2404
Circulated by:               JTC 1/SC22
Circulation Date:            02-24-1997
Closing Date:                05-26-1997

SUBJECT:  PDAM Registration for: PDAM6 to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1996 -
Information technology - Portable Operating System Interface - Part 1:
System Application Program Interface (API) - Amendment 6: Realtime
Extension (C Language)

The following responses have been received on the subject of approval:

"P" Members supporting approval
    without comments                   14

"P" Members supporting approval
    with comments                       2

"P" Members not supporting approval     0

"P" Members abstaining                  1

"P" Members not voting                  6

Secretariat Action:

Registration of PDAM6 to ISO/IEC 9945-1 is approved.

The comment accompanying the abstention vote from Austria was:  "Lack of
expert resources".

The comment accompanying the affirmative vote from France was:  "Since
document SC22 N2159 has been superceded by new IEEE drafts, AFNOR requests
that the PDAM vote be based on the last IEEE version which is P1003.4b,
Draft 10."

The comment accompanying the affirmative vote from the USA was:  "The US
National Body would point out that the version of this document that is
subsequently balloted as the PDAM should be the appropriate IEEE draft
document to be in compliance with the approved JTC 1/SC22 Synchronization
Plan."

WG15 is requested to make a recommendation on the further processing of
the PDAM, taking into consideration the comments from France and the USA.

______________end of overall summary; beginning of detail summary ____
                 ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22  LETTER BALLOT SUMMARY

PROJECT NO:    JTC 1.22.40

SUBJECT:  PDAM Registration Ballot for PDAM6 to IS 9945-1: Information
          technology - Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX) - Part 1:
          System Application Program Interface (API), Amendment 6: Realtime
          Extension (C Language)
          
Reference Document No:  N2159           Ballot Document No:  N2404
Circulation Date:       02-24-1997      Closing Date: 05-26-1997 
                                                              
Circulated To: SC22 P,L                 Circulated By: Secretariat

                  SUMMARY OF VOTING AND COMMENTS RECEIVED

                      Approve  Disapprove Abstain Comments   Not Voting
'P' Members

Australia               (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Austria                 ( )      ( )       (X)       (X)       ( )
Belgium                 ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Brazil                  ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)    
Canada                  ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
China                   ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Czech Republic          (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Denmark                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Egypt                   (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Finland                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
France                  (X)      ( )       ( )       (X)       ( )
Germany                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Ireland                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Japan                   (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Netherlands             (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Romania                 ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Russian Federation      (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Slovenia                (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Sweden                  ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Switzerland             (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
UK                      (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Ukraine                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
USA                     (X)      ( )       ( )       (X)       ( )

'O' Members

Argentina               ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Bulgaria                ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Cuba                    ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Greece                  ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Hungary                 ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Iceland                 ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
India                   ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Indonesia               ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Italy                   ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Korea Republic          ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
New Zealand             ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Norway                  ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Poland                  ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Portugal                ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Singapore               ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Thailand                ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Turkey                  ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Yugoslavia              ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )

________________________end of SC22 N2489 ___________________________