Subject: N 4173 - Austin Group Status Report January 2007

From: Sally Seitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 11:18:01 -0500

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces 
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI) 

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 N4173 

TITLE: Austin Group Status Report January 2007

DATE ASSIGNED: 
2007-01-08

SOURCE: 
POSIX Editing Group Convenor (A. Josey)

BACKWARD POINTER: 
N/A 

DOCUMENT TYPE: 
Other (defined)

PROJECT NUMBER: 
N/A 

STATUS: 
This document is circulated to SC 22 members for information.  

ACTION IDENTIFIER: 
FYI 

DUE DATE: 

DISTRIBUTION: 
text

CROSS REFERENCE: 

DISTRIBUTION FORM: 
def

Address to reply to: 
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 22 Secretariat 
Sally Seitz 
ANSI 
25 West 43rd Street 
New York, NY 10036 
Telephone: (212) 642-4918 
Fax:        (212) 840-2298 
Email: [email-masked] 

________________________end of cover sheet, beginning of
document_____________________
Austin Group Status Report                      Austin-332 Page 1 of 1
Submitted by Andrew Josey, The Open Group.           January 5, 2007

The Austin Common Standards Revision Group (CSRG) is a joint technical
working group that manages the joint specification that is  ISO/IEC 9945
(POSIX), IEEE Std 1003.1 and The Open Group Base Specifications Issue 6.

Work continues in the Austin Group in regular teleconferences and on the
email reflector. The major work item is the revision of the joint standard.

The Austin Group met at the Open Group offices in Reading UK, on September
12-15 2006 to consider the feature content and options organization for the
next revision of the standard. 

Deliverables from the plenary meeting include detailed editing instructions
for the merger of new materials and reorganization of the options of the
standard (Austin/317 *), together with an updated project plan (Austin/319)
detailing the timeline and draft contents and the proposed ballot cycle.

Draft two of the revision was made available on October 31 2006 and is now
undergoing a three month review, including IEEE and ISO ballots. A plenary
meeting will be held to resolve the bug reports in February 2007 (the week
commencing February 26).  
Draft three would be the first draft on which the narrowing down rules will
be applied and subsequent drafts will then aim to take the document through
to completion of the relevant approval ballots in the sponsoring bodies.  It
is anticipated that the next revision will complete by September 2008.

* See http://www.opengroup.org/austin/docreg.html for the document register

Sally Seitz
Program Manager
American National Standards Institute
25 West 43rd Street, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10036
Tel: 212 642 4918
Fax: 212 840 2298