Subject: N 4128-Social Event Information and Additional Logistical Informa tion for the September 2006 SC 22 Plenary

From: Sally Seitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:28:55 -0400

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)
 
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 N4128
 
TITLE:
Social Event Information and Additional Logistical Information for the
September 2006 SC 22 Plenary

DATE ASSIGNED:
2006-08-24
 
SOURCE:
Meeting Host

BACKWARD POINTER:
 
DOCUMENT TYPE:
Other (open)
  
PROJECT NUMBER:
 
STATUS:  
This document is circulated to SC 22 members for information.  Please note
that if you are attending the Plenary and are NOT attending the social
event, are bringing a guest, or have special dietary considerations, you
must email Jon Diamond ([email-masked]) with a copy to the SC 22
Secretary ([email-masked]) by 4 September 2006.

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
ACT
 
DUE DATE:
 
DISTRIBUTION:
text

CROSS REFERENCE:
 
DISTRIBUTION FORM:
open
 
Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
Sally Seitz
ANSI
25 West 43rd Street
New York, NY  10036
Telephone:  (212) 642-4918
Fax:             (212) 840-2298
Email:  [email-masked]

_________________________________end of cover page, beginning of
document_____________
JTC1/SC22 2006 PLENARY INFORMATION

Social Programme

IST/5, the BSI mirror committee for SC22, will be hosting a dinner for
attendees at the forthcoming SC22 Plenary in London, thanks to our sponsors
Microsoft UK and Sun Microsystems. It will take place on Wednesday 20th
September at the Café Rouge, Strand on the Green on the river near Kew
Bridge, starting at about 7pm and finishing about 10pm. This will be
preceded by a visit to the Kew Bridge Steam Museum (http://www.kbsm.org).

We shall be leaving BSI shortly after 5pm and either walking to the Museum
(approximately 1km) or traveling by bus (numbers 237 or 267 from the stop
outside BSI). After the museum visit finishes, between 6:30pm and 7pm, we
will then be walking to the restaurant (approximately 0.5km). 

When leaving the restaurant the nearest station is Kew Bridge, but it is not
on the Underground and on a different line to that through Gunnersbury
(0.7-1 km). The nearest bus stops are at Kew Bridge (237, 267 and 391). So
don't forget to bring an umbrella in case it rains!

[For more detail on the routes and public transport in the area we recommend
you use http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk. Gunnersbury is the station at BSI,
the postcode for the museum is TW8 0EN and for the restaurant is W4 3PU. Car
parking is available at the museum and on the road outside the restaurant.]

For our planning purposes we have assumed that everyone who registers with
the SC22 Secretariat by 4th September will be attending the dinner. If you
are NOT planning to attend or are accompanied by another person who wishes
to attend the dinner or have special dietary requirements, e.g. vegetarian,
then please email Jon Diamond ([email-masked]) by 6th September
at the latest with this information.

IT support
BSI provides wireless networking in most, if not all, of the committee
meeting rooms. This allows access to the Internet and also local printing.
Instructions are provided on the necessary configuration set-up in each
meeting room.

In addition, there is public Internet access from two PCs together with a
printer in one of the rooms on the Ground Floor.

Unlike previous years at the Plenary, we are unable to provide hubs etc., so
you will need to provide the necessary wireless modem for yourself. 

Sufficient power supplies should be supplied in each meeting room - these
are standard UK supply with UK 3 square pin plugs. Please bring your own
adapters if necessary.

Other Logistical information
You should already have seen the information provided by BSI about hotel and
other accommodation.

If you wish to travel to BSI by car, please reserve a parking space by
either phoning +44 (0)20 8996 7843, or email: [email-masked],
quoting ISO/IEC JTC1 SC22 Meeting.

If you have any further questions about BSI facilities please contact our
Committee Secretary - Rob Anderson email: [email-masked]

Sally Seitz
Program Manager
American National Standards Institute
25 West 43rd Street, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10036
Tel: 212 642 4918
Fax: 212 840 2298
 
Attend World Standards Week 2006
Featuring the 2006 ANSI Annual Conference,
Standardization and Innovation 
October 9-13, 2006
Washington, DC

Sponsorship Opportunities Available! 
Click here for more information