Subject: RE: (SC22docs.2556) REMINDER: Standards for Recommendation for Pe riodic Review

From: Sally Seitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 15:06:01 -0400

Hello, Jim,

I would recommend withdrawal (again!) for 13814, and take another resolution
on implementing the withdrawal.  ITTF has become much more responsive
lately.  I think we will finally get it done.

As for the other question, I would recommend that we recommend withdrawal
for 13813.  Remember, our recommendations are only recommendations.  They
will not be implemented, but sent out to National Bodies during Periodic
Review as an aid in voting.

Thanks

Sally 

  _____  

From: Moore, Jim [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2006 2:21 PM
To: Sally Seitz; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: (SC22docs.2556) REMINDER: Standards for Recommendation for
Periodic Review

Sally and others,

I have questions about two standards on the Systematic Review list.
Unfortunately, this will be confusing because the two standards have
sequential numbers.

First, an interesting dilemma. The list for 2008 Systematic Review includes
ISO/IEC 13814. Years ago, WG9, SC22, and JTC1 all voted to withdraw this
standard, but withdrawal has never been implemented by ITTF--despite our
complaints. So what do we do now? -- withdraw it again?

I have a more mundane question about another one. ISO/IEC 13813 will become
obsolete and appropriate for withdrawal when the Amendment to ISO/IEC 8652
is approved. That Amendment is currently in FPDAM balloting and will
probably be published during 2007. So should we recommend withdrawal of that
standard now, in anticipation of approving the Amendment?

Regards, Jim Moore

Convener, SC22/WG9

---

James W. Moore, CSDP, F-IEEE

The MITRE Corp., [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ,
+1.703.983.7396(o), +1.301.938.0260(m) 

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Sally Seitz
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 11:58 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: (SC22docs.2556) REMINDER: Standards for Recommendation for Periodic
Review

Dear members,

At the September 2006 SC 22 Plenary, we will be making recommendations to
the ITTF on the following standards to be circulated to National Bodies with
the Periodic Reviews for 2007 and 2008.  Please be prepared to make a
recommendation (confirm, revise, withdraw or stabilize) so that we can take
a resolution.  Please note that these are only recommendations, not votes on
the Periodic Review.

Thank you and best regards

sally

                  Standards for 2007 Periodic Review

ISO/IEC 13568:2002, Information technology - Z formal specification notation
- Syntax, type system and semantics

ISO/IEC 13816:1997, Information technology - Programming languages, their
environments and system software interfaces - Programming language ISLISP

ISO/IEC 15145:1997, Information technology - Programming languages - FORTH

ISO/IEC 1989: 2002, Information technology - Programming languages - COBOL

ISO/IEC 16262:2002, Information technology - ECMAScript language
specification

ISO/IEC 20970:2002, Information technology - Programming languages, their
environments and system software interfaces - JEFF file format

                  Standards for 2008 Periodic Review

ISO/IEC 9496: 2003, Information technology - CHILL - The ITU-T programming
language

ISO/IEC 9945 -1: 2003, Information technology - Portable Operating System
Interface (POSIX) - Part 1: Definitions

ISO/IEC 9945-2: 2003, Information technology - Portable Operating System
Interface (POSIX) - Part 2: Interfaces

ISO/IEC 9945-3: 2003, Information technology - Portable Operating System
Interface (POSIX) - Part 3: Utilities

ISO/IEC 9945-4: 2003, Information technology - Portable Operating System
Interface (POSIX) - Part 4: Rationale

ISO/IEC 10514-2: 1998, Information technology - Programming languages - Part
2: Generics Modula - 2

ISO/IEC 10514-3: 1998, Information technology - Programming languages - Part
3: Object Oriented Modula - 2

ISO/IEC 13719-1: 1998, Information technology - Portable Common Tool
Environment (PCTE) - Part 1: Abstract specification

ISO/IEC 13719-2: 1998, Information technology - Portable Common Tool
Environment (PCTE) - Part 2: C program language binding

ISO/IEC 13719-3: 1998, Information technology - Portable Common Tool
Environment (PCTE) - Part 3: Ada program language binding

ISO/IEC 13719-4: 1998, Information technology - Portable Common Tool
Environment (PCTE) - Part 4 IDL binding (Interface Definition Language)

ISO/IEC 13813: 1998, Information technology - Programming languages -
Generic packages of real and complex type declarations and basic operations
for Ada (including vector and matrix types)

ISO/IEC 13814: 1998, Information technology - Programming languages -
Generic package of complex elementary functions for Ada

ISO/IEC 14882: 2003, Information technology - Programming languages - C ++

ISO/IEC 14515-2: 2003, Information technology - Portable Operating System
Interface (POSIX) - Test metholds for measuring conformance to POSIX - Part
2: Shell and utilities

Sally Seitz

Program Manager

American National Standards Institute

25 West 43rd Street, 4th Floor

New York, NY 10036

Tel: 212 642 4918

Fax: 212 840 2298