Subject: N 4065-Letter from the JTC 1/SC 22 Chairman Regarding the Progres sion of JTC 1/SC 22 Work and Failed Letter Ballots in JTC 1/SC 22

From: Sally Seitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 14:40:44 -0400

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)
 
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 N4065

TITLE:
Letter from the JTC 1/SC 22 Chairman Regarding the Progression of JTC 1/SC
22 Work and Failed Letter Ballots in JTC 1/SC 22

DATE ASSIGNED: 
2006-06-13

SOURCE: 
SC 22 Chair 

BACKWARD POINTER: 
N/A 

DOCUMENT TYPE: 
Officer's Contribution

PROJECT NUMBER: 

STATUS: This document is circulated to SC 22 National Bodies for review and
consideration.  It will be discussed under agenda item 12.6 at the September
2006 JTC 1/SC 22 Plenary in London.

ACTION IDENTIFIER: 
ACT 

DUE DATE: 
N/A 

DISTRIBUTION: 
Text 

CROSS REFERENCE: 

DISTRIBUTION FORM: 
Def 

Sally Seitz
ANSI
25 West 43rd Street
New York, NY  10036
Telephone:  (212) 642-4918
Fax:             (212) 840-2298
Email:  [email-masked]

________________end of cover page, beginning of document____________
As SC 22 chairman, I am responsible for the overall progression of the SC 22
Program of Work. Therefore I am invoking the following practice in SC 22:

For all SC 22 letter ballots that fail, a corresponding agenda item will be
placed on the agenda for the next SC 22 meeting. The only purpose of that
agenda item is resolving comments about that ballot. Only comments in
writing, received by the SC 22 secretariat, and meeting the document
distribution deadline (i.e., four weeks prior to the SC 22 meeting) will be
considered. If too few National Body votes are converted from for the ballot
to be approved, it fails and no more activity on that ballot will be
considered by SC 22. If enough National Body votes are converted for the
ballot to be approved, it passes. Of course, as always National Bodies
retain the option to initiate other ballots, but not the same question as
failed.

Sally Seitz
Program Manager
ANSI
25 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036
Phone: (212) 642-4918
Fax: (212) 840-2298
Email: [email-masked]