Subject: N 3907-Draft Meeting Minutes of the 28/29 April 2005 SC 22/WG 11 Meeting in Amsterdam, Netherlands

From: Sally Seitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 10:18:51 -0400

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces

Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 N 3907

TITLE:

Draft Meeting Minutes of the 28/29 April 2005 SC 22/WG 11 Meeting in
Amsterdam, Netherlands

DATE ASSIGNED:

2005-05-31

SOURCE:

WG Convener 11 (W. Wakker)

BACKWARD POINTER:

DOCUMENT TYPE:

Meeting Report

PROJECT NUMBER:

STATUS:

This document is circulated for information. 

ACTION IDENTIFIER:

FYI

DUE DATE:

DISTRIBUTION:

TEXT

CROSS REFERENCE:

DISTRIBUTION FORM:

open

Sally Seitz

ANSI

25 West 43rd Street

New York, NY  10036

Telephone:  (212) 642-4918

Fax:             (212) 840-2298

Email:  [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

_____________End of cover sheet, beginning of document_________________

 

  DRAFT MINUTES OF MEETING                               SC22/WG11/N498

  Committee:   ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG11

  Place:       ACE Consulting bv

                   Amsterdam, The Netherlands

  Date:        April 28-29, 2005

  Attendees:   Prof. Katsuhiko Kakehi  Waseda University, Japan

               Mr. Kent Karlsson       Sweden

               Mr. Roger Scowen        UK

               Mr. Willem Wakker       ACE Consulting bv, Netherlands
(Convener)

  Participating by telecon:

               Mr. Frank Farance       USA

               Mr. Keld Simonsen       RAP, Norway

  1.  Agenda

  It was agreed to follow the agenda, as outlined in WG11/N493, with the

  exception of agenda item 4 (GPD ballot comments), as the GPD ballot closes

  on 2005-05-24.

  2.  Disposition of Comments on ballot FCD 10967-3 - LIA-3

  Based on a draft Disposition of Comments document prepared by the editor

  the comments received on the FCD 10967-3 - LIA-3 ballot (WG11 N492, aka

  SC22 N3825, and comments from ITTF that were received separately) were

  discussed.  After discussion of the comments, Japan indicated that its
vote

  of disapproval was changed to approval.

  The editor will prepare the official Disposition of Comments document and

  the FDIS 10967-3 document; both documents are expected to be available by

  June 2005.

  3.  The revision of LIA-1 and LIA-2

  With LIA-3 in its final state of approval harmonization of all parts of

  ISO/IEC 10967 becomes necessary.  It was agreed that the editor will

  produce a plan for revision and alignment for parts 1 and 2; this plan

  should be available before the SC22 Plenary at the end of September 2005.

  In his report to the SC22 Plenary the convener, on behalf of WG11, will
ask

  SC22 to ask JTC 1 and ITTF to make the 10967 documents freely available;

  the rationale for this request is similar to the rationale for the free

  availability of ISO/IEC 11404 (see SC22 N2819).

  4.  General Purpose Datatypes

  The FCD 11404 ballot will close on 2005-05-24.  It was agreed to have
first

  a teleconference to discuss the general nature of the comments and the way

  in which the should be handled, and then a face-to-face WG11 meeting to

  prepare the Disposition of Comments document.

  The teleconference is planned for 2005-06-21, the meeting is planned for

  October 5-6, 2005 in New York (U.S.A.); details on both events will
follow.

  5.  New projects, future of WG11

  In various SC22 groups possible new work-items for WG11 have been

  discussed; so far none has actually been proposed.

  WG11 criteria for accepting new work are:

  -- the work-item should be of a programming language independent nature;

  -- there should be at least 5 SC22 P-members willing to participate in

     the work;

  -- there should be a project editor available for the work with adequate

     resources.

  6.  AOB, close of meeting

  The meeting was closed on April, 29th, 2005 at 11:30.

Sally Seitz

Program Manager

ANSI

25 West 43rd Street

New York, NY 10036

Phone: (212) 642-4918

Fax: (212) 840-2298