Subject: SC22 N2446 - Disposition of Comments on Registration of CD 13210 (POSIX)

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 16:40:59 -0500 (EST)

______________________beginning of title page __________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2446

April 1997

TITLE:              Disposition of Comments Report on CD Registration of
                    CD 13210 (Revision of ISO 13210): Information
                    technology - Requirements and Guidelines for Test
                    Methods Specifications and Test Method Implementations
                    for Measuring Conformance to POSIX Standards

SOURCE:             Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

WORK ITEM:          JTC 1.22.37

STATUS:             N/A

CROSS REFERENCE:    SC22 N2215, N2352

DOCUMENT TYPE:      Disposition of Comments Report

ACTION:             To SC22 Member Bodies for information.

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Tel:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

___________________end of title page; beginning of text _______________

     DISPOSITION OF COMMENTS REPORT ON REGISTRATION FOR CD 13210

CD Registration for CD 13210: Requirements and Guidelines for 
Test Methods Specifications and Test Method Implementations for 
Measuring Conformance to POSIX Standards

The Netherlands cast a vote to disapprove CD registration for
CD 13210 (ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22 N2215).  The basis for their vote seems
to center on their review of another document (N2162 - Test Methods
for 2003.1b), and their assumption that CD 13210

	"...only seems to be worthwhile in combination with standards
	containing test methods specifications..".

Response:

The assumption is incorrect.  CD 13210 is a stand-alone document, and
does not require the use of test method specifications (i.e. N2162) for 
any purpose.  

_______________________end of document SC22 N2446___________________