Subject: N 3897-Information on Liaison Between JTC 1/SC 22 and JTC 1/SC 7

From: Sally Seitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 07:35:26 -0400

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 N3897

TITLE: Information on Liaison Between JTC 1/SC 22 and JTC 1/SC 7

DATE ASSIGNED:
2005-05-05

SOURCE:
Former Liaison Officer (J. Moore) 

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Other (open)  
  
PROJECT NUMBER:
N/A

STATUS:
For information.    

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
open

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
Sally Seitz
ANSI
25 West 43rd Street
New York, NY  10036
Telephone:  (212) 642-4918
Fax:             (212) 840-2298
Email:  [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

___________end of cover page, beginning of document___________

To: Secretariat and Chairman, JTC 1/SC 7

cc: Secretariat and Chairman, JTC 1/SC 22

Dear Witold et Francois,

In a recent meeting of the SC22 Ad Hoc Group on Future Directions, the
chairman of SC22 stated his intention to re-establish liaison between SC7
and SC22. The reason for his decision is new work currently being planned in
SC22 to study the "vulnerabilities" of various programming languages.
Mitigation of identified vulnerabilities might very well involve the
application of software engineering techniques.

As you know, I served as the liaison between SC7 and SC22 for several years
before the liaison was terminated, at my recommendation, because of a dearth
of overlapping work. That situation as now changed.

In order to recreate the liaison relationship, I hereby volunteer for
appointment as the liaison from SC7 to SC22. I anticipate that you would
table this offer for consideration at the forthcoming plenary meeting of
SC7. 

At SC22's plenary in October, I will offer to serve as the liaison from SC22
to SC7.

Regards, Jim Moore

Sally Seitz

Program Manager

ANSI

25 West 43rd Street

New York, NY 10036

Phone: (212) 642-4918

Fax: (212) 840-2298