Subject: SC22 N 2443 - Vote Summary of POSIX PDAM7 to 9945-1 (LB 2329)

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 16:57:34 -0500 (EST)

________________beginning of title page _________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2443

March 1997

TITLE:             Summary of Voting on PDAM Registration for:  PDAM7
                   to ISO/IEC 9945-1: 1996 - Information technology -
                   Portable Operating System Environment - Requirements
                   and Guidelines for Test Method Specifications and
                   Test Method Implementation for Measuring Conformance
                   to POSIX Standards

SOURCE:            Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

WORK ITEM:         JTC 1.22.21.04.01.01

STATUS:            Registration of PDAM7 to ISO/IEC 9945-1 has been
                   approved.

CROSS REFERENCE:   SC22 N2329

DOCUMENT TYPE:     Summary of Voting

ACTION:            To SC22 Member Bodies for information.

                   To WG15 for a recommendation on the further processing
                   of the PDAM.

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153  USA
Tel:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

___________________end of title page; beginning of overall summary ______

                         SUMMARY OF VOTING ON

Letter Ballot Reference No:  SC22 N2329
Circulated by:               JTC 1/SC22
Circulation Date:            11-24-1996
Closing Date:                03-07-1997

SUBJECT:   PDAM Registration for: PDAM7 to ISO/IEC 9945-1: 1996 -
           Information technology - Portable Operating System
           Environment - Requirements and Guidelines for Test Method
           Specifications and Test Method Implementation for Measuring
           Conformance to POSIX Standards

The following responses have been received on the subject of approval:

"P" Members supporting approval
            without comment                       17

"P" Members supporting approval
            with comment                           0

"P" Members not supporting approval                0

"P" Members abstaining                             2

"P" Members not voting                             4

Secretariat Action:

Registration of PDAM7 to ISO/IEC 9945-1 is approved.

The comment accompanying the abstention vote from Austria was:  "Lack of
expert resources."  The comment accompanying the abstention vote from
Sweden was:  "Expert resources not available."

WG15 is requested to make a recommendation on the further processing of
the PDAM.

_____________end of overall summary; beginning of detailed summary _____

                 ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22  LETTER BALLOT SUMMARY

PROJECT NO:    JTC 1.22.21.04.01.01

SUBJECT:  PDAM Registration for PDAM7 to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1996 - Information
          technology - Portable Operating System Environment - Requirements
          and Guidelines for Test Method Specifications and Test Method
          Implementation for Measuring Conformance to POSIX Standards
          
Reference Document No:  N2329           Ballot Document No:  N2329
Circulation Date:   11-24-1996                    Closing Date:  03-07-1997 
                                                              
Circulated To: SC22 P, O, L             Circulated By: Secretariat

                  SUMMARY OF VOTING AND COMMENTS RECEIVED

                     Approve  Disapprove Abstain Comments Not Voting
'P' Members

Australia               (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Austria                 ( )      ( )       (X)       (X)       ( )
Belgium                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Brazil                  (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )    
Canada                  ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
China                   ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Czech Republic          (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Denmark                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Egypt                   ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Finland                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
France                  (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Germany                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Ireland                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Japan                   (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Netherlands             (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Romania                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Russian Federation      (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Slovenia                (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Sweden                  ( )      ( )       (X)       (X)       ( )
Switzerland             (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
UK                      (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Ukraine                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
USA                     ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)

'O' Members

Argentina               ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Bulgaria                ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Cuba                    ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Greece                  ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Hungary                 ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Iceland                 ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
India                   ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Indonesia               ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Italy                   ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Korea Republic          ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
New Zealand             ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Norway                  ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Poland                  ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Portugal                ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Singapore               ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Thailand                ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Turkey                  ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Yugoslavia              ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )

_______________________-end of SC22 N2329 ____________________________