Subject: N 3842-JTC 1 N 7688, JTC 1 Berlin Resolution 24, Establishment of a SWG on Accessibility and Call for Participation

From: Sally Seitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:57:27 -0500

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 N3842

TITLE:
JTC 1 N 7688, JTC 1 Berlin Resolution 24, Establishment of a SWG on
Accessibility and Call for Participation

DATE ASSIGNED:
2004-12-23

SOURCE:
JTC 1 Secretariat 

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Call for Participation 
  
PROJECT NUMBER:
N/A

STATUS:
For information.  This JTC 1 cover sheet for this document is located at:
http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/def/n3842.pdf
<http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/def/n3842.pdf> .  

If you wish to participate in this meeting, please send an email to the SC
22 Secretariat ([email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ) by 30 January
2005 so that the JTC 1 Secretariat can be notified.

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:

DISTRIBUTION:
pdf and text

CROSS REFERENCE:

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Def

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
Sally Seitz
ANSI
25 West 43rd Street
New York, NY  10036
Telephone:  (212) 642-4918
Fax:             (212) 840-2298
Email:  [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

______________________end of cover page, beginning of
document________________________________________________________________

Meeting Announcement and Logistical Information for the 1st Meeting of the
JTC1 Special Working Group on Accessibility

11-12 April 2005

Sheffield, UK

The first meeting of the JTC 1 SWG on Accessibility will take place on 11-12
April 2005 in Sheffield, UK.  The logistical information is provided below.

JTC 1 National Bodies and Subcommittees, ISO and IEC TCs, Liaison
Organizations and External Organizations are invited to submit the names of
their participants to this meeting to the SWG Secretariat (Jennifer Garner
of INCITS ([email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> )) by 1 March 2005.
In addition, organizations are invited to submit a presentation to this
meeting regarding their work in accessibility.  Such a presentation should
also be submitted to the SWG Secretariat by 1 March 2005.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hosted by British Standards
<http://ecommittees.bsi-global.com/bsi/controller>  Institution (BSI),
supported by Sheffield <http://www.shu.ac.uk/>  Hallam University (SHU) and
Ufi  <http://www.learndirect.co.uk/> learndirect (Ufi).

Sheffield Hallam University Logo

Ufi Learndirect logo

Venue, Accommodation and Travel Details

Venue

The Long Room

Millennium Galleries 
Arundel Gate 
Sheffield 
S1 2PP

United Kingdom.

http://www.sheffieldgalleries.org.uk/coresite/html/millennium.asp
<http://www.sheffieldgalleries.org.uk/coresite/html/millennium.asp>  

This is next door to the recommended hotel, immediately across the road from
the Sheffield Hallam University City Campus and a few hundred yards from the
main Sheffield railway station.

Sheffield Centre Map

A map of the centre of Sheffield showing all three places (hotel, galleries
and university) is available on
http://www.shu.ac.uk/conference21/cityflatmap.html
<http://www.shu.ac.uk/conference21/cityflatmap.html> .

Accommodation

The recommended hotel is next door to the venue:

Novotel Sheffield

50 Arundel Gate

S1 2PR SHEFFIELD

UNITED KINGDOM

Tel : (+44)114/2781781
Fax : (+44)114/2787744
E-mail : [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

http://www.novotel.com/novotel/fichehotel/gb/nov/1348/fiche_hotel.shtml
<http://www.novotel.com/novotel/fichehotel/gb/nov/1348/fiche_hotel.shtml> 

The hotel offers special rates to Sheffield Hallam University visitors
(mention the university when booking).

A document listing some alternative hotels also offering special rates for
the university is available at 

http://www.shu.ac.uk/conference21/hotelrates2004.doc
<http://www.shu.ac.uk/conference21/hotelrates2004.doc>  (mention Sheffield
Hallam University Conference21 when booking).

Getting to Sheffield

Internationally

1.      Recommended option:

Fly into Manchester International Airport (MAN). At the airport there is a
railway station with frequent trains to central Sheffield. Typical cost for
a return ticket is around £19. During the day, trains are around 40 minutes
apart and take around 1 hour 20 minutes. Driving from Manchester Airport to
Sheffield is a pleasant journey of about 30 miles. It takes about an hour
and traverses the Pennine hills.

2.      Alternative option: 

Fly into one of the London airports, travel to St Pancras Railway Station,
London, then get a train to central Sheffield. There are various routes to
St Pancras, some by tube train, some coach, some by London Thameslink train.
Some routes can be time-consuming and difficult. Depending on the route, you
should allow probably about 2 hours for this stage.

London underground and other travel maps for London are available on
http://www.londontransport.co.uk/tfl/maps-home.shtml
<http://www.londontransport.co.uk/tfl/maps-home.shtml> .  Trains from St.
Pancras to Sheffield are direct.  There are also (slightly less direct)
trains to Sheffield from the adjacent Kings Cross station.  The train
journey from London to Sheffield will take 2 to 3 hours.

Train timetable information can be found on the links below.

In either case, arrival will be at the central Sheffield railway station
shown on the city centre map on the link above.

inukGetting to Sheffield within the UK:

The easiest way to get to Sheffield within the UK is by train to Sheffield
Central railway station.  There are good connections with London, Manchester
and all major cities.

Advice on travel to Sheffield by train and car, including a link to rail
timetable information, can be found on:

Sheffield Hallam <http://www.shu.ac.uk/conference21/location.html>  Location
and Travel. 

A possibly more accessible rail timetable may be found on:

Accessible UK <http://www.traintimes.org.uk/>  Train Timetables

 

Sally Seitz

Program Manager

ANSI

25 West 43rd Street

New York, NY 10036

Phone: (212) 642-4918

Fax: (212) 840-2298