Subject: SC22 N2430 - Vote Summary on PDTR 15580 - Fortran Floating Point

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 18:20:17 -0500 (EST)

________________________beginning of title page______________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2430

March 1997

TITLE:             Summary of Voting on Concurrent PDTR Registration and
                   PDTR Ballot for: PDTR 15580: Floating-Point Exception
                   Handling

SOURCE:            Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

WORK ITEM:         JTC 1.22.02.01.02

STATUS:            The PDTR has been registered as PDTR 15580.

CROSS REFERENCE:   SC22 N2319

DOCUMENT TYPE:     Summary of Voting

ACTION:            To SC22 Member Bodies for information.

                   To WG5 for preparation of a Disposition of Comments
                   Report and a recommendation on the further processing
                   of the PDTR.

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153  USA
Tel:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

___________________end of title page; beginning of overall summary ______

                       SUMMARY OF VOTING ON

Letter Ballot Reference No:  SC22 N2319
Circulated by:               JTC 1/SC22
Circulation Date:            11-07-1996
Closing Date:                02-21-1997

SUBJECT:  Concurrent PDTR Registration and PDTR Ballot for: Floating-
          Point Exception Handling

The following responses have been received on the subject of PDTR
registration:

"P" Members supporting registration without comments:      13

"P" Members supporting registration with comments:          2

"P" Members not supporting registration:                    0

"P" Members abstaining:                                     2

"P" Members not voting:                                     6

The following responses have been received on the subject of PDTR
approval:

"P" Members supporting approval without comments:           13

"P" Members supporting approval with comments:               2

"P" Members not supporting approval:                         0

"P" Members abstaining:                                      2

"P" Members not voting:                                      6

Secretariat Action:

The PDTR has been registered as PDTR 15580.

The comment accompanying the affirmative vote from the United Kingdom was:
"The title should be changed to 'Floating Point Exception Handling in
Fortran'".  The comments accompanying the affirmative vote from Germany is
attached.

The comment accompanying the abstention vote from Denmark was:  "Due to
lack of Danish expertise".  The comment accompanying the abstention vote
from Sweden was:  "Expert resources not available."

WG5 is requested to prepare a Disposition of Comments Report and a
recommendation on the further processing of the PDTR.

____________end of overall summary; beginning of registration summary __

                 ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22  LETTER BALLOT SUMMARY
                            PDTR Registration

PROJECT NO:    JTC 1.22.02.01.02

SUBJECT:  Concurrent PDTR Registration and PDTR Ballot for:  Floating-Point
          Exception Handling
          
Reference Document No:  N2319           Ballot Document No:  N2319
Circulation Date:   11-07-1996          Closing Date:  02-21-1997 
                                                              
Circulated To: SC22 P, O, L             Circulated By: Secretariat

                  SUMMARY OF VOTING AND COMMENTS RECEIVED

                      Approve  Disapprove  Abstain Comments Not Voting
'P' Members

Australia               (X)      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
Austria                 (X)      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
Belgium                 ( )      ( )         ( )     ( )       (X)
Brazil                  (X)      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )    
Canada                  (X)      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
China                   ( )      ( )         ( )     ( )       (X)
Czech Republic          ( )      ( )         ( )     ( )       (X)
Denmark                 ( )      ( )         (X)     ( )       ( )
Egypt                   (X)      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
Finland                 ( )      ( )         ( )     ( )       (X)
France                  (X)      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
Germany                 (X)      ( )         ( )     (X)       ( )
Ireland                 (X)      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
Japan                   (X)      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
Netherlands             (X)      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
Romania                 ( )      ( )         ( )     ( )       (X)
Russian Federation      (X)      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
Slovenia                (X)      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
Sweden                  ( )      ( )         (X)     (X)       ( )
Switzerland             ( )      ( )         ( )     ( )       (X)
UK                      (X)      ( )         ( )     (X)       ( )
Ukraine                 (X)      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
USA                     (X)      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )

'O' Members

Argentina               ( )      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
Bulgaria                ( )      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
Cuba                    ( )      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
Greece                  ( )      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
Hungary                 ( )      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
Iceland                 ( )      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
India                   ( )      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
Indonesia               ( )      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
Italy                   ( )      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
Korea Republic          ( )      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
New Zealand             ( )      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
Norway                  ( )      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
Poland                  ( )      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
Portugal                ( )      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
Singapore               ( )      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
Thailand                ( )      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
Turkey                  ( )      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
Yugoslavia              ( )      ( )         ( )     ( )       ( )
___________end of registration summary; beginning of approval summary___

                 ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22  LETTER BALLOT SUMMARY
                              PDTR Approval

PROJECT NO:    JTC 1.22.02.01.02

SUBJECT:  Concurrent PDTR Registration and PDTR Ballot for:  Floating-Point
          Exception Handling
          
Reference Document No:  N2319           Ballot Document No:  N2319
Circulation Date:   11-07-1996          Closing Date:  02-21-1997 
                                                              
Circulated To: SC22 P, O, L             Circulated By: Secretariat

                  SUMMARY OF VOTING AND COMMENTS RECEIVED

                    Approve  Disapprove   Abstain Comments Not Voting
'P' Members

Australia             (X)      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
Austria               (X)      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
Belgium               ( )      ( )          ( )       ( )       (X)
Brazil                (X)      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )    
Canada                (X)      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
China                 ( )      ( )          ( )       ( )       (X)
Czech Republic        ( )      ( )          ( )       ( )       (X)
Denmark               ( )      ( )          (X)       (X)       ( )
Egypt                 (X)      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
Finland               ( )      ( )          ( )       ( )       (X)
France                (X)      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
Germany               (X)      ( )          ( )       (X)       ( )
Ireland               (X)      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
Japan                 (X)      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
Netherlands           (X)      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
Romania               ( )      ( )          ( )       ( )       (X)
Russian Federation    (X)      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
Slovenia              (X)      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
Sweden                ( )      ( )          (X)       ( )       ( )
Switzerland           ( )      ( )          ( )       ( )       (X)
UK                    (X)      ( )          ( )       (X)       ( )
Ukraine               (X)      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
USA                   (X)      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )

'O' Members

Argentina             ( )      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
Bulgaria              ( )      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
Cuba                  ( )      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
Greece                ( )      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
Hungary               ( )      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
Iceland               ( )      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
India                 ( )      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
Indonesia             ( )      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
Italy                 ( )      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
Korea Republic        ( )      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
New Zealand           ( )      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
Norway                ( )      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
Poland                ( )      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
Portugal              ( )      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
Singapore             ( )      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
Thailand              ( )      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
Turkey                ( )      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
Yugoslavia            ( )      ( )          ( )       ( )       ( )
________end of summary; beginning of Germany Comments _________________

DIN comments on JTC 1/SC22 N2319 (PDTR Floating Point Exception Handling)

Page 1:
The document does not commence with a statement along the lines of
WG5/N1152, section 3.  This should be added.

page 9:
Check/update edits to refer to WG5/N1191 or X3J3/96-007r1.

____________________end of SC22 N2430 ________________________________