Subject: N 3799-Austrian National Body Report to the SC 22 Plenary

From: Sally Seitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 10:13:20 -0400

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces

Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 N 3799

TITLE:

Austrian National Body Report to the SC 22 Plenary

DATE ASSIGNED:

2004-09-01

SOURCE:

Austrian National Body

BACKWARD POINTER:

DOCUMENT TYPE:

National Body Contribution

PROJECT NUMBER:

STATUS:

Pending approval of the addition of this document to the SC 22 Plenary
agenda, it will be reviewed under agenda item 7.1. 

ACTION IDENTIFIER:

FYI

DUE DATE:

DISTRIBUTION:

TEXT

CROSS REFERENCE:

DISTRIBUTION FORM:

Defined

Sally Seitz

ANSI

25 West 43rd Street

New York, NY  10036

Telephone:  (212) 642-4918

Fax:             (212) 840-2298

Email:  [email-masked]

______________end of cover page, beginning of
document________________________

Austrian National Body Report

 to the ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22 Plenary 2004

Period covered: September 2003 - August 2004

In Austria, standardization activities are coordinated by ON
(Oesterreichisches Normungsinstitut).  The mirror group of ISO/IEC

JTC1/SC22 is called AG 001.5.  It is a very small group, making it virtually
impossible to follow all international developments.

However, at least some of the documents can be processed, and there is
active participation in some working groups. Most notably, there is an
active mirror group which deals with C++ and some issues of the C language.

It should be noted that all activities in the area of programming language
standards are unpaid voluntary efforts here in Austria.

There are still no supporting members from industry, and the financial
situation is therefore unpleasant, to say the least.

It therefore continues to be unlikely that Austrian members will be able to
participate in international meetings, just like Austria is unfortunately
not represented at this year's SC22 Plenary.

On behalf of the Austrian mirror group I wish you all an interesting,
productive and successful meeting!

       Best regards,

                               Dr. Martin Schoenhacker

                               Austrian HoD to SC22

                               Vienna Univ. of Technology

                               Karlsplatz 13/186-1

                               A-1040 Vienna, Austria

                               [email-masked]

--- End of Austrian NB Report 2004 ---------------------------------

Sally Seitz

Program Administrator

ANSI

25 West 43rd Street

New York, NY 10036

Phone: (212) 642-4918

Fax: (212) 840-2298