Subject: N 3792-Announcement of Ad Hoc on Future Standards Development in SC 22

From: Sally Seitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 09:21:11 -0400

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces

Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 N3792

TITLE:

Announcement of Ad Hoc on Future Standards Development in SC 22

DATE ASSIGNED:

2004-08-09

SOURCE:

SC 22 Chair and Secretariat

BACKWARD POINTER:

N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:

Information from Chair and Secretary

PROJECT NUMBER:

STATUS:

For information of delegates attending the SC 22 Plenary Meeting in Jeju,
Republic of Korea

ACTION IDENTIFIER:

FYI

DUE DATE:

N/A

DISTRIBUTION:

TEXT

CROSS REFERENCE:

DISTRIBUTION FORM:

Open

Sally Seitz

ANSI

25 West 43rd Street

New York, NY  10036

Telephone:  (212) 642-4918

Fax:             (212) 840-2298

Email:  [email-masked]

___________________end of cover page beginning of document_____________

Beginning at 1:00 pm on Monday, 6 September 2004, and ending no later than
5:00 pm that day, SC 22 will hold an ad hoc meeting to consider future
standards development in SC 22.  The goal of the session is to determine a
way, or ways, forward for SC 22.

Jon Hodgson will lead/moderate the meeting which will mainly consist of
brainstorming.  Please be prepared to discuss ideas.

Examples of topics for discussion during the session could include:

-cross-language issues

-individual new projects

-special purpose languages (e.g. instrumentation, games)

-interfaces for S/W diagnostics, device drivers

-other ideas

Please be prepared to contribute!

Sally Seitz

Program Administrator

ANSI

25 West 43rd Street

New York, NY 10036

Phone: (212) 642-4918

Fax: (212) 840-2298