Subject: N 3791-SC 22/WG 16 Business Plan/Convener's Report

From: Sally Seitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 09:20:54 -0400

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces

Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 N3791

TITLE:

SC 22/WG 16 Business Plan/Convener's Report 

DATE ASSIGNED:

2004-08-09

SOURCE:

SC 22/WG 16 Convenor (T. Yuasa)

BACKWARD POINTER:

DOCUMENT TYPE:

Other document (Open)

PROJECT NUMBER:

STATUS:

Because this document has been submitted after the due date for document
submission to the SC 22 Plenary meeting, it will need approval before being
added to the agenda for review under agenda item 8.8.  

ACTION IDENTIFIER:

FYI

DUE DATE:

N/A

DISTRIBUTION:

TEXT

CROSS REFERENCE:

DISTRIBUTION FORM:

Open

Sally Seitz

ANSI

25 West 43rd Street

New York, NY  10036

Telephone:  (212) 642-4918

Fax:             (212) 840-2298

Email:  [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

________________________________________end of cover page, beginning of
document__________________________________________

WG16 Business Plan/Convener Report

BUSINESS PLAN FOR JTC 1/SC22 WG16

PERIOD COVERED:

July 2003 - July 2004

SUBMITTED BY:

Taiichi Yuasa

Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG16

Kyoto University,

Kyoto 606-8501,

Japan

Email: [email-masked]

1. MANAGEMENT SUMMARY

1.1 JTC 1/SC22 WG16 Statement of Scope

  Development and maintenance of ISO/IEC Standards related to Lisp.

1.2 Project Report

1.2.1 Completed Projects

  Preparation of a draft technical corrigendum and a draft corrected report.

1.2.2 Projects Underway

  We have just finished the above project.

1.2.3 Projects Withdrawn

  None over this period.

1.3 Cooperation and Competition

  No liaison with any JTC1 group.  No competition with any JTC1 group.

2. PERIOD REVIEW

2.1 Market Requirements

  No market requirement change were noted over this period.

2.2 Achievements

  Finished work for producing a draft technical corrigendum and

  a draft corrected report.

2.3 Resources

  Resources to address defect reports are secured (FR and US, and GB

  and JP as backup).

3. FOCUS NEXT WORK PERIOD

  Register the draft technical corrigendum and the draft corrected report

  as official documents of ISO/IEC JTC1.

3.1 Deliverables

  The drafts can be downloaded from the following Web page.

      http://ryujin.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~yuasa/lispwg/
<http://ryujin.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~yuasa/lispwg/> 

3.2 Strategies

  Japanese WG on Lisp Standardization chaired by T. Yuasa

  has registered ISLISP as JIS standard (JIS X 3012:1998)

  translating the English standard (ISO/IEC 13816:1997).

  In this process they found several (minor) errors in the

  original documents, and also, they found several places

  that need further refinements.

  They collected corrections for the standard and

  produced the first draft technical corrigendum and the first

  draft corrected report.

  They finished refining these documents, sent to WG 16 members

  for their support to go forward to SC22 for approval.

  The drafts have recently been approved.

  The next step is to register these documents as official documents

  of ISO/IEC JTC1.

3.2.1 Risks

  None for the work planned over the next period.

3.2.2 Opportunities

  Discussion on the draft technical corrigendum and the draft corrected

  report have been done by WG 16 members via emails.

3.3 Work Program Priorities

  Submission of a technical corrigendum and a corrected report to SC 22

  for approval.

4.  ADMINISTRATIVE INFORMATION

4.1  WG## Liaisons

5.  SC22 PLENARY ACTIONS RELATED TO WG16

  None.

 

Sally Seitz

Program Administrator

ANSI

25 West 43rd Street

New York, NY 10036

Phone: (212) 642-4918

Fax: (212) 840-2298