Subject: N 3782-Update on JTC 1/SC 22 Website Transfer to Live Link

From: Sally Seitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:58:56 -0400

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces

Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 N3782

TITLE:

Update on JTC 1/SC 22 Website Transfer to Live Link

DATE ASSIGNED:

2004-07-26

SOURCE:

SC 22 Secretariat 

BACKWARD POINTER:

DOCUMENT TYPE:

Information from Secretary 

PROJECT NUMBER:

STATUS:

This topic will be discussed under agenda item 6.1 at the September 2004
Plenary Meeting

ACTION IDENTIFIER:

FYI

DUE DATE:

DISTRIBUTION:

TEXT 

CROSS REFERENCE:

DISTRIBUTION FORM:

Def

Address reply to:

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat

Sally Seitz

ANSI

25 West 43rd Street

New York, NY  10036

Telephone:  (212) 642-4918

Fax:             (212) 840-2298

Email:  [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

_______________________________________________End of Cover Page, Beginning
of Document___________________________________________

At the September 2003 JTC 1/SC 22 Plenary, SC 22 members were informed that
the JTC 1/SC 22 website would be transferred to the ISO TC Server, Live
Link.  At the time of the Plenary, it was anticipated that this transition
would be complete before the 2004 Plenary meeting.  Due to development
issues, the new target date for transition is end of year, 2004.

The SC 22 Secretariat has been working with the JTC 1 Secretariat on the
development of the JTC 1 site on Live Link to ensure that the site will have
the functionality that JTC 1 and its subcommittees require.  The ISO Central
Secretariat has been working extensively with the JTC 1 Secretariat to
develop a balloting system that will meet the needs of JTC 1 and its
subcommittees.  At present, this balloting system is undergoing a testing
period to ensure that it will fulfill such needs.  As the balloting system
is so important to the functionality of a committee, the JTC 1 Secretariat
is going to wait until the balloting system is fully functional before
beginning the full transition of JTC 1 and its' subcommittees.

As stated, the current target date for SC 22 transition is end of year 2004.
It is important to note that all ballots (including new work item proposals)
related to SC 22 projects will use the electronic balloting system in Live
Link when the transition is complete.

The SC 22 Secretariat strongly recommends that work groups consider having
their websites transitioned to Live Link for consistencies sake.  Work group
conveners would be given administrator rights by ITTF so that they could
manage their sites and post documents.  Users would be able to come to one
site and download documents for both SC 22 and the working group they are
interested in.  

This topic will be discussed at the 6-10 September 2004 JTC 1/SC 22 Plenary
meeting in Jeju, Republic of Korea.

Sally Seitz

Program Administrator

ANSI

25 West 43rd Street

New York, NY 10036

Phone: (212) 642-4918

Fax: (212) 840-2298