Subject: SC22 N2412 - Venue Info and Agenda for WG17 April Meeting

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 11:45:12 -0500 (EST)

__________________beginning of title page _____________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2412

March 1997

TITLE:               Venue Information and Draft Agenda for SC22/WG17
                     (Prolog) Meeting on April 28-30, 1997 in Schliersee,
                     Bavaria, Germany

SOURCE:              Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

WORK ITEM:           N/A

STATUS:              N/A

CROSS REFERENCE:     N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:       Venue Information and Agenda

ACTION:              To SC22 Member Bodies for information.

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153  USA
Tel:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

_________________end of title page; beginning of text _______________

MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT AND DRAFT AGENDA    ISO/IEC JTC1 SC22 WG17 N153

SC22 WG17 PROLOG MEETING, SCHLIERSEE, BAVARIA, GERMANY, 28-30 APRIL 1997

1 ACTIONS

Inform the local host (Klaus Daessler) and convener (Roger Scowen) if
you intend to attend this meeting so that adequate arrangements can be
made and further details sent to you (for example, map, hotel brochure,
etc).

If you have any contributions for the meeting and proposed changes to
the agenda, send them to the convener before 1st April so that they
can be copied and circulated to attenders before the meeting.

2 OBJECTIVES

The primary objective and business of this meeting will be to review
the results of the CD Ballot for ISO/IEC 13211-2 ballot (Prolog -- Part
2: Modules) and resolve any comments, and then to determine the changes
necessary for further progress of the standard.

Three secondary objectives will be:
  a) To consider any defects reported in ISO/IEC 13211-1 
     (Part 1: General core),
  b) Agree a timetable for further work on Part 2 (Modules).

3 LOCATION

The meeting will be hosted by Klaus Daessler (Siemens Nixdorf)
on behalf of DIN (Deutsches Institut fuer Normung e.V.), and takes 
place at:
   Schliersberg-Alm-Hotel,
   D-83727 Schliersee,    Germany.
   Tel +49 8026-6722     Fax +49 8026-6685

--  How to get there:  Fly to Munich (Germany) and, from the main
railway station, take a train to Schliersee.  The hotel can then be
reached by a cable railway or taxi.  A rental car must be parked at the
bottom of the cable railway.  The local host will supply a faxed train
schedule.

--  Driving: Ask the local host for a faxed map. 

--  Cost: The price (DM.156 per night) includes breakfast, lunch and 
coffee/tea at breaks (Dinner can be included for DM 182).

--  Accommodation: Book your own accommodation directly (quoting ISO PROLOG)
or ask the local host to do it for you.

--  Weather is likely to be pleasant (but this is not guaranteed) with 
the temperature from about 5 degrees C at night to 15 degrees C in the day.

4 DATES AND DRAFT AGENDA

WG17 will meet from 1000 on Monday 28th April to 1700 on Wednesday 30th
April 1997.

(1) Start meeting at 1000, Monday 28th April. 
(2) Welcome --- administration and introductions. 
(3) Confirm agenda.  
(4) Choose secretary and drafting committee. 
(5) Approve minutes of last meeting (N148). 
(6) Consider matters arising from the Uppsala meeting. 
(7) Consider, and perhaps confirm dates of the next WG17 meeting, 
    and provisionally arrange subsequent meetings. 
(8) Receive written reports from national Prolog 
    Standardization Panels.  
(9) Consider the votes and comments on 13211-2 (Prolog, Part 2) (see N152 
    -- distributed by e-mail, and to be published in February 1997).  
(10) Define the editorial changes necessary for International 
    Standard ISO/IEC DIS 13211-2 (Prolog -- Part 2). 
(11) Determine the timetable for future work on Part 2. 
(12) Consider any later draft for Part 2 (Modules) (if it has been 
    circulated to WG17).  
(13) Vote on resolutions.  
(14) Adjourn (End) meeting at 1700, Wednesday 30th April 1997. 

Please inform the convener of any other specific topics that need
discussion so that a revised agenda can be issued if necessary at the
end of February 1997.

5 CONVENER

Roger Scowen
9 Birchwood Grove, Hampton, Middlesex    UNITED KINGDOM     TW12 3DU
Tel: +44 181 979 7429      Fax: +44 181 287 3810
E-mail: [email-masked]

6 LOCAL HOST

Dipl-Phys Klaus Daessler
SNI AG
OEC MW AD PM
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6
D-81730 MUNICH
GERMANY
Tel: +49 89 636 48085
Fax: +49 89 636 44352
E-mail: [email-masked]

7 HOTEL BOOKING FORM

If you want help with booking at Schliersberg-Alm-Hotel, please 
complete this form and send it to the local host. 

HOTEL BOOKING - WG17 Prolog,
Schliersee, Germany.

I definitely reserve:

A room: DM156 per night 
  (incl.breakfast, and lunch)      .... 

A room: DM182 per night 
  (incl.breakfast, lunch, and dinner).... 

I would like a SINGLE / DOUBLE room

Arrival date: .........................

Departure date: .......................

Signature: ............................. 

Date: ................................

FROM

Title: ..... Name: ..................... 

Institute: ............................. 

Street: ................................ 

Zip/Post Code: ......................... 

City: .................................. 

Country: ............................... 

Telephone: ............................. 

Facsimile: ............................. 

E-mail: ................................. 

_________________________end of SC22 N2412 __________________________