Subject: N 3760-Letter from JTC 1/SC 2 to JTC 1/SC 22 Regarding JTC 1/SC 2 2 Request that JTC 1/SC 2 Consider Putting Specification of the Character Repertoire for Identifier on the SC 2 Programme of Work

From: Sally Seitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 16:04:58 -0400

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces

Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 N3760

TITLE:

Letter from JTC 1/SC 2 to JTC 1/SC 22 Regarding JTC 1/SC 22  Request that
JTC 1/SC 2 Consider Putting Specification of the Character Repertoire for
Identifier on the SC 2 Programme of Work    

DATE ASSIGNED:

2004-07=16

SOURCE:

SC 22 Secretariat

BACKWARD POINTER:

DOCUMENT TYPE:

Other (Defined)

PROJECT NUMBER:

STATUS:

This letter has been sent to SC 22 from SC 2 in response to the letter
contained in SC 22 N 3751. 

ACTION IDENTIFIER:

FYI

DUE DATE:

DISTRIBUTION:

TEXT 

CROSS REFERENCE:

N3673, N3725, N3751

DISTRIBUTION FORM:

Def

Address reply to:

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat

Sally Seitz

ANSI

25 West 43rd Street

New York, NY  10036

Telephone:  (212) 642-4918

Fax:             (212) 840-2298

Email:  [email-masked]

_______________________end of cover page, beginning of
document_______________

Response to the letter from SC 22 requesting SC 2 

to consider putting specification of the character repertoire for identifier
on the SC 2 Programme of Work

In accordance with Resolution M13-15 adopted at the 13th SC 2 Plenary Meting
held in Markham, Ontario, Canada, 2004-06-24/25, the SC 2 Secretariat
forwards the following WG 2 Resolution to SC 22 as the SC 2 response.

RESOLUTION M45.23 (Request from SC22 to SC2/WG2):

With reference to document N2818, WG2 accepts the request from SC22 to
classify characters in ISO/IEC 10646 for their suitability for use in
identifiers. WG2 understands the importance that such information be
available at the same time characters are added to ISO/IEC 10646. SC22 is
invited to contribute to this work.

Sally Seitz

Program Administrator

ANSI

25 West 43rd Street

New York, NY 10036

Phone: (212) 642-4918

Fax: (212) 840-2298