Subject: SC22 N2410 - Migration Plan to Modified DIS Procedures

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 17:13:44 -0500 (EST)

__________________beginning of title page _______________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2410

March 1997

TITLE:              Migration Plan to the Modified DIS Procedures

SOURCE:             Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

WORK ITEM:          N/A

STATUS:             N/A

CROSS REFERENCE:    SC22 N2359

DOCUMENT TYPE:      N/A

ACTION:             To SC22 Member Bodies for information.

                    To WG Conveners for information and action, as
                    appropriate.

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153  USA
Tel:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

_______________ end of title page; beginning of text ________________

JTC1 N 4469

MIGRATION PLAN FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF THE NEW JTC 1 DIS 
DEVELOPMENT PROCESS

The following migration plan has been approved by the JTC 1 Secretariat
and ITTF in order to implement the new JTC 1 DIS development process. (See
ISO/IEC JTC 1 N 3663, N 3856, N 4041) 

1 New work

All NPs approved after 1 May 1997 shall be processed according to the new
DIS development process.

2 Work in hand

2.1 Draft International Standards

All draft International Standards and draft Amendments circulated prior to
1 May 1997 shall be processed according to the current ISO/IEC JTC 1 DIS
procedure i.e. four month DIS ballot followed by preparation of final text
for publication. In case of DIS which are disapproved, these will continue
to be processed according to the current procedures. 

2.2 Committee drafts

All projects at the stage of committee draft may continue to be processed
according to the current ISO/IEC JTC 1 DIS procedures i.e. submission for
four month DIS ballot followed by preparation of the final text, on
condition they receive the necessary substantial support for processing as
DIS prior to 1 May 1997 and the texts are received by ITTF before 1
September 1997. CDs not having received the required substantial support
shall be processed according to the new DIS development process i.e.
submission as a further CD or as an FCD.  In order to facilitate the
introduction of FCDs JTC1/SCs are authorized to begin preparation and
submission of FCDs 1 January 1997. 

2.3 Working drafts

All projects at the stage of working draft as of 1 May 1997 shall be
processed according to the new JTC 1 DIS development process. 

3 International Standardized Profiles ISPs

All draft ISPs shall continue to be processed in accordance with the
current DISP procedure. 

4 Fast-track

All fast-track document shall continue to be processed in accordance with
the fast-track procedure i.e. clause 13 of the ISO/IEC JTC 1 Directives. 

______________________end of SC22 N2410 ____________________________