Subject: N 3736-Resolutions from the SC 22/WG 5 Meeting, May 2-7, 2004 in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

From: Sally Seitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 13:42:15 -0400

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces

Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI) 

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 N 3736

TITLE: 

Resolutions from the SC 22/WG 5 Meeting May 2-7, 2004 in Las Vegas, Nevada,
USA

DATE ASSIGNED: 

2004-05-17

SOURCE: 

SC 22/WG 5 Convenor (J. Reid) 

BACKWARD POINTER: 

DOCUMENT TYPE: 

Meeting Resolutions 

PROJECT NUMBER: 

STATUS: 

For information. 

ACTION IDENTIFIER: 

FYI 

DUE DATE: 

DISTRIBUTION: 

Text 

CROSS REFERENCE: 

DISTRIBUTION FORM: 

Open 

Address reply to: 

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat

Sally Seitz

ANSI

25 West 43rd Street

New York, NY  10036

Telephone:  (212) 642-4918 

Fax:             (212) 840-2298 

Email:  [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

RESOLUTIONS OF THE WG5 MEETING

            ON MAY 2 TO 7, 2004 IN LAS VEGAS, NV, USA

The meeting was attended by the convenor and 20 members, representing five
member bodies.  Resolutions LV1 to LV13 were approved by unanimous consent,
LV14 and LV15 by unanimous acclaim.

LV1.  Appreciation of J3

That WG5 congratulates the primary development body for its work on
constructing the draft Fortran International Standard and for adhering to
the agreed schedule.  Further it particularly congratulates the Project
Editor, Richard Maine, for the high quality of his work.

LV2.  Appreciation of TR editor

That WG5 congratulates the Project Editor of the TR on Enhanced Module
Facilities, Van Snyder, for his development of the report.

LV3.  Content and processing of Fortran 2003 DIS

That WG5 declares document WG5-N1601 to be the Draft International Standard
for Fortran and instructs its convenor to forward it for FDIS ballot
directly after this meeting.  The content of this document is WG5-N1578
(also known as J3/03-007r2) as modified by the edits in WG5-

N1589 and by the edits in the following J3 papers (all preceded by J3/04-):
277r1, 288r1, 289r1, 290r2, 291r1, 297.

LV4.  Content and processing of TR on Enhanced Module Facilities 

That WG5 declares document WG5-N1602 to be the Draft Technical Report on
Enhanced Module Facilities in Fortran and instructs its convenor to forward
it for DTR ballot directly after this meeting.  The content of this document
is WG5-N1581 as modified by the edits in paper J3/04-

293r3.

LV5.  Disposition of Comments on Fortran 2003 FCD

That WG5 adopts WG5-N1599 as its Disposition of Comments document in
response to the FCD ballot comments which are in WG5-N1583.

LV6.  Disposition of Comments on Modules PDTR

That WG5 adopts WG5-N1603 as its Disposition of Comments document in
response to the PDTR ballot comments which are in WG5-N1587.

LV7.  Corrigendum for Fortran 2003

That WG5 records its intent to produce a Technical Corrigendum for Fortran
2003 in May 2005.

LV8.  Strategic Plan

That WG5 adopts the schedules for the processing of Fortran 2003 and for the
revision of Fortran 2003 which are contained in WG5-N1590.

LV9.  Classification of requirements

That WG5 adopts the scale for classifying requirements for the revision of
Fortran 2003 which is specified in WG5-N1594.

LV10.  Editor of Repository of Requirements

That WG5 appoints David Muxworthy as editor of the repository of
requirements (WG5 standing document 5).

LV11.  Requirements for revision of Fortran 2003

That WG5 urges all member bodies to submit their requirements for the
revision of Fortran 2003 to the repository of requirements, using the format
in WG5-N1496, in good time for a first selection of the content of the
revision to be made at the next WG5 meeting.

LV12.  Varying Length Strings

That WG5 directs its convenor to inform SC22 that WG5 considers that 

Part 2 of the Fortran International Standard, Varying Length Strings, should
be renewed.

LV13.  Future Meeting

That WG5 thanks the member body of the Netherlands for offering to host the
WG5/J3 meeting to be held in Delft on May 9 to 13, 2005; further information
on the meeting is given in WG5-N1604.

LV14.  Vote of Thanks for Support

That WG5 thanks J3 for so generously providing financial support for the
meeting.

LV15.  Vote of Thanks

That WG5 wishes to express its appreciation to the convenor (John Reid), the
secretary (Stan Whitlock) and the drafting committee for their contributions
to the success of the meeting.  It wishes especially to thank the host
(Mallory North) for the excellent arrangements for both the business and
social parts of the meeting.

Sally Seitz

Program Administrator

ANSI

25 West 43rd Street

New York, NY 10036

Phone: (212) 642-4918

Fax: (212) 840-2298