Subject: N3727- Summary of Voting on SC 22 N 3693, Registration and Approv al Ballot for ISO/IEC PDTR 19767-Enhanced Module Facilities in Fortran (T ype 2 TR)

From: Sally Seitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:28:05 -0500

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces

Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 N3727

TITLE:

Summary of Voting on SC 22 N 3693, Registration and Approval Ballot for
ISO/IEC PDTR 19767 - Enhanced Module Facilities in Fortran (Type 2 TR)

DATE ASSIGNED: 

2004-03-31

SOURCE: 

SC 22 Secretariat 

BACKWARD POINTER: 

N/A 

DOCUMENT TYPE: 

Summary of Voting 

PROJECT NUMBER: 

22.19767

STATUS: 

The results of this ballot are forwarded to SC 22/WG 5 for review,
production of a disposition of comments report, and preparation of the DTR
text

ACTION IDENTIFIER: 

ACT 

DUE DATE: 

N/A 

DISTRIBUTION: 

Text 

CROSS REFERENCE: 

SC 22 N3693

DISTRIBUTION FORM: 

Def 

Matt Deane

ANSI

25 West 43rd Street

New York, NY  10036

Telephone:  (212) 642-4992 

Fax:             (212) 840-2298 

Email:  [email-masked] 

_____end of cover page, beginning of PDTR registration summary______________

SUMMARY OF VOTING ON

Letter Ballot Reference No:  SC22 N3693

Circulated by:                JTC 1/SC22

Circulation Date:            2003-12-23

Closing Date:                 2004-03-23

SUBJECT:  Summary of Voting on SC 22 N 3693, Registration and Approval
Letter ballot for ISO/IEC PDTR 19767-Enhanced Module Facilities in Fortran
(Type 2 TR)

The following responses have been received on the subject of registration: 

"P" Members supporting registration without comments 8 (Czech Republic,
Denmark, Germany, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Russia Federation, United
Kingdom)

P" Members supporting registration with comments             

1 (US)

"P" Members not supporting registration

0

"P" Members abstaining                   

2 (Austria, Switzerland)

"P" Members not voting                   

13 (Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Egypt, Finland, France, Ireland, DPR of
Korea, Netherlands, Romania, Slovenia, Ukraine)

United States

Comments from US National Body concerning PDTR 19767:

Page and line numbers refer to ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG5/N1581.

[2:39]

To remove the possibility of a perverse reading, insert "in" before "one".

[6:2+]

"In the first, third and fifth lines of the first paragraph of subclause
2.3.3, insert ', <end-sep-subprogram-stmt>' after '<end-subroutine-stmt>'

three times."

[6:7, 6:9, 6:10, 6:13, 6:14]

Replace "and" with ", and within".

[6:19]

Replace "or" with ", or within".

[7:2-3]

Replace "C1109" by "C1110" twice.

[8:17-20 (8:18-21 in 04-260)] Delete constraint C1237a, the description of
where it was proposed to insert it into the FCD, and the note to WG5.

[10:20+]

"In the fifth line of the first paragraph of subclause 16.4.1.3, insert ',
module procedure interfaces' after 'abstract interfaces'."

__end of registration summary, beginning of approval summary_____

SUMMARY OF VOTING ON

Letter Ballot Reference No:  SC22 N3693

Circulated by:                JTC 1/SC22

Circulation Date:            2003-12-23

Closing Date:                 2004-03-23

SUBJECT:  Summary of Voting on SC 22 N 3693, Registration and Approval
Letter Ballot for ISO/IEC PDTR 19767-Enhanced Module Facilities in Fortran
(Part 2)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The following responses have been received on the subject of approval: 

"P" Members supporting approval without comments

7 (Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Russia
Federation) 

P" Members supporting approval with comments             

2 (UK, US)

"P" Members not supporting approval

0 

"P" Members abstaining                   

2 (Austria, Switzerland)

"P" Members not voting                   

13 (Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Egypt, Finland, France, Ireland, DPR of
Korea, Netherlands, Romania, Slovenia, Ukraine)

United Kingdom

If the UK edits for page 403 of the FCD for Fortran 2003 are accepted,

the following edit should be made to the PDTR:

[8:19-20]. Add to the end of C1237a 'or it has a NAME= specifier and the
value of its expression is all blanks or of zero length' and delete

the note to WG5.

Rationale: See the note to WG5 on [8:19-20].

United States

Comments from US National Body concerning PDTR 19767:

Page and line numbers refer to ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG5/N1581.

[2:39]

To remove the possibility of a perverse reading, insert "in" before "one".

[6:2+]

"In the first, third and fifth lines of the first paragraph of subclause
2.3.3, insert ', <end-sep-subprogram-stmt>' after '<end-subroutine-stmt>'

three times."

[6:7, 6:9, 6:10, 6:13, 6:14]

Replace "and" with ", and within".

[6:19]

Replace "or" with ", or within".

[7:2-3]

Replace "C1109" by "C1110" twice.

[8:17-20 (8:18-21 in 04-260)] Delete constraint C1237a, the description of
where it was proposed to insert it into the FCD, and the note to WG5.

[10:20+]

"In the fifth line of the first paragraph of subclause 16.4.1.3, insert ',
module procedure interfaces' after 'abstract interfaces'."

Sally Seitz

Program Administrator

ANSI

25 West 43rd Street

New York, NY 10036

Phone: (212) 642-4918

Fax: (212) 840-2298