Subject: SC 22 N 3636 - Austrian National Body Report, September 2002 - Au gust 2003

From: Matthew Deane <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 10:08:41 -0400

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 N3636

TITLE:
Austrian National Body Report, September 2002 - August 2003

DATE ASSIGNED:
2003-09-02

SOURCE:
Austrian National Body

BACKWARD POINTER:

DOCUMENT TYPE:
National Body Contribution

PROJECT NUMBER:

STATUS:
As this document was received after the 15 August deadline, it will be
reviewed at the upcoming SC 22 Plenary under Agenda Item 7.1 pending
approval for addition to the agenda.

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Def

Matt Deane
ANSI
25 West 43rd Street
New York, NY  10036
Telephone:  (212) 642-4992
Fax:             (212) 840-2298
Email:  [email-masked]

___end of cover page, beginning of document____

Austrian National Body Report
 to the ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22 Plenary 2003

In Austria, standardization activities are coordinated by ON
(Oesterreichisches Normungsinstitut).  The mirror group of ISO/IEC
JTC1/SC22 is called AG 001.5.  It is a very small group, making it
impossible to follow all international developments.

However, at least some of the documents can be processed, and there
is active participation in some working groups. Most notably, strong
interest in C++ has sparked the creation of a new mirror group which
also deals with some issues of the C language. It should be noted
that this is strictly a volunteer effort.

There are still no supporting members from industry, and the
financial situation is therefore unpleasant, to say the least.
It therefore continues to be unlikely that Austrian members will be
able to participate in international meetings, just like Austria is
unfortunately not represented at this year's SC22 Plenary.

On behalf of the Austrian mirror group I wish you all an
interesting, productive and successful meeting!

       Best regards,
                               Dr. Martin Schoenhacker
                               Austrian HoD to SC22
                               Vienna Univ. of Technology
                               Karlsplatz 13/186-1
                               A-1040 Vienna, Austria
                               [email-masked]

--- End of Austrian NB Report 2003 ---------------------------------