Subject: SC 22 N 3635 - Public Review of Linux Standard Base Version 1.9

From: Matthew Deane <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:12:15 -0400

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 N3635

TITLE:
Public Review of Linux Standard Base Version 1.9

DATE ASSIGNED:
2003-08-29

SOURCE:
SC 22 Secretariat

BACKWARD POINTER:

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Other document (Open)

PROJECT NUMBER:

STATUS:
Per the recommendation of the Linux Study Group meeting, LSB v1.9 is
circulated to SC 22 members for information and possible  comment.  Please
access the document and submit any comments directly to the Free Standards
Group via the URL below.
 
ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Open

Matt Deane
ANSI
25 West 43rd Street
New York, NY  10036
Telephone:  (212) 642-4992
Fax:             (212) 840-2298
Email:  [email-masked]

__end of cover page, beginning of document____

During the May meeting of the JTC 1/SC22 Linux Study Group in London
(see J1N7142), Resolution SG-04 was developed and reads:

Whereas the Free Standards Group (FSG) will have version 1.9 of the LSB
available for comment in early August, and Whereas the FSG procedures
allow for public review and comment, and Whereas it is anticipated that
such a document would form the basis of a future PAS submission, The SC
22 Linux Study Group encourages SC 22 national bodies and working groups
to participate in the FSG public review process and instructs the SC 22
secretariat to distribute LSB 1.9 to SC 22 national bodies and working
groups when it becomes available.

The public review of this document opened August 12 2003, and continues
through till September 30 2003. Please forward the following information
to all SC22 member bodies for their information.

LSB v1.9 Public Review
(Date: 2003-08-12 15:38:49)
Topic: LSB Specification

URL: http://www.linuxbase.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=23

http://www.linuxbase.org/

Thanks,
--
Nick Stoughton
Free Standards Group