Subject: SC 22 N 3614 - Cancellation of SC 22 N 3599, Re-Issue of 60-Day L etter Ballot for the Proposed Project Transfer (ISO/IEC 14651) from JTC 1 /SC 22 to JTC 1/SC 2

From: Matthew Deane <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:27:15 -0400

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 N3614

TITLE:
Cancellation of SC 22 N 3599, Re-Issue of 60-Day Letter Ballot for the
Proposed Project Transfer (ISO/IEC 14651) from JTC 1/SC 22 to JTC 1/SC 2

DATE ASSIGNED:
2003-08-13

SOURCE:
SC 22 Secretariat

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Other document (Open)

PROJECT NUMBER:
22.30.02.02

STATUS:
Per the objection from the Canadian National Body, the default ballot
contained in SC 22 N 3599 (closing 2003-09-01) has been cancelled and a
60-day letter ballot has been issued in its place.  Please return the
attached letter ballot to the SC 22 Secretariat by the due date indicated.

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
LB

DUE DATE:
2003-10-13

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Open

Matt Deane
ANSI
25 West 43rd Street
New York, NY  10036
Telephone:  (212) 642-4992
Fax:             (212) 840-2298
Email:  [email-masked]

__end of cover page, beginning of document_____

Transfer of Project from JTC 1/SC 22 to SC 2

Background Information:

During the recent JTC 1 Cooperation and Coordination of Cross Cultural and
Linguistic Matters meeting (2003-06-02/03, Geneva, CH) the attendees
approved the following recommendation with the voting summary as indicated.

		Recommendation #2:

		The Cooperation and Coordination of Cross Cultural and
Linguistic Matters meeting encourages discussion, to occur before the JTC1
meeting, by the chairmen of SC22 and SC2, about the possible transfer of
project 14651 (JTC1.22.30.02.02) from SC22 to SC2.

		Approve (No: Canada, Norway; Abstain: France, SC36)

Ballot Questions:

As a consequence of that recommendation, Mr. Shibano, Chairman of JTC 1 SC
2, and Mr. Hill, Chairman of SC 22, discussed the transfer. Mr. Shibano and
Mr. Hill agreed to the following for ballot by their respective SC. 

*	Timing Considerations:
Close Date:	2003-09-01 (September 1, 2003)

*	SC 2's ballot question:
Contingent on SC 22's approval of a corresponding ballot to recommend
transfer, SC 2 approves a recommendation to JTC 1 to change its Program of
Work to indicate acceptance the following project from SC 22.
*	JTC 1.22.30.02.02 - International String Ordering and Comparison -
Method for Comparing Character Strings and Description of a Common
Tailorable Ordering Template - Project Editor: A. LaBonte, Canada

*	SC 22's ballot question:
Contingent on SC 2's approval of a corresponding ballot to recommend
acceptance, SC22 approves a recommendation to JTC 1 to change its Program of
Work to indicate a transfer the following project from SC 22 to SC 2.
*	JTC 1.22.30.02.02 - International String Ordering and Comparison -
Method for Comparing Character Strings and Description of a Common
Tailorable Ordering Template - Project Editor: A. LaBonte, Canada

__end of document, beginning of cover page_____

JTC 1/SC 22 Letter Ballot

FROM THE MEMBER BODY OF:___________________________

On the proposal contained in document SC 22 N3614 that ISO/IEC 14651
(International string ordering and comparison -- Method for comparing
character strings and description of the common template tailorable
ordering) be transferred from JTC 1/SC 22 to JTC 1/SC 2

This letter ballot is to be returned by each 'P' member to the SC 22
Secretariat no later than 2003-10-13.
_________________________________________________________

_________We support the project transfer.

		Or

_________We support the project transfer with the attached comments.

		Or

_________We do not support the project transfer for the attached reasons.

		Or

_________We abstain from voting.

Please be reminded that 'P' Members have an obligation to vote.

*Place an "X" on the line that applies.

Name (please print)_____________________________________

Signature (if mailed)____________________________________

Date:_________________