Subject: SC 22 N 3599 - Proposed Project Transfer from JTC 1/SC 22 to JTC 1/SC 2

From: Matthew Deane <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:37:01 -0400

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 N3599

TITLE:
Proposed Project Transfer from JTC 1/SC 22 to JTC 1/SC 2

DATE ASSIGNED:
2003-07-29

SOURCE:
SC 22 Secretariat

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Other document (Open)

PROJECT NUMBER:

STATUS:
Per Recommendation #2 of the JTC 1 Cooperation and Coordination of Cross
Cultural and Linguistic Matters meeting, and following discussions by the SC
22 and SC 2 Chairmen, this proposed project transfer action is circulated to
SC 22 national bodies for a 30-day default approval letter ballot.  Any
National Bodies objecting to this action should contact the SC 22
Secretariat no later than 2003-09-01.  

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
COM

DUE DATE:
2003-09-01

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Open

Matt Deane
ANSI
25 West 43rd Street
New York, NY  10036
Telephone:  (212) 642-4992
Fax:             (212) 840-2298
Email:  [email-masked]

__end of cover page, beginning of document_____

Transfer of Project from JTC 1/SC 22 to SC 2

Background Information:

During the recent JTC 1 Cooperation and Coordination of Cross Cultural and
Linguistic Matters meeting (2003-06-02/03, Geneva, CH) the attendees
approved the following recommendation with the voting summary as indicated.

		Recommendation #2:

		The Cooperation and Coordination of Cross Cultural and
Linguistic Matters meeting encourages discussion, to occur before the JTC1
meeting, by the chairmen of SC22 and SC2, about the possible transfer of
project 14651 (JTC1.22.30.02.02) from SC22 to SC2.

		Approve (No: Canada, Norway; Abstain: France, SC36)

Ballot Questions:

As a consequence of that recommendation, Mr. Shibano, Chairman of JTC 1 SC
2, and Mr. Hill, Chairman of SC 22, discussed the transfer. Mr. Shibano and
Mr. Hill agreed to the following for ballot by their respective SC. 

*	Timing Considerations:
Close Date:	2003-09-01 (September 1, 2003)

*	SC 2's ballot question:
Contingent on SC 22's approval of a corresponding ballot to recommend
transfer, SC 2 approves a recommendation to JTC 1 to change its Program of
Work to indicate acceptance the following project from SC 22.
*	JTC 1.22.30.02.02 - International String Ordering and Comparison -
Method for Comparing Character Strings and Description of a Common
Tailorable Ordering Template - Project Editor: A. LaBonte, Canada

*	SC 22's ballot question:
Contingent on SC 2's approval of a corresponding ballot to recommend
acceptance, SC22 approves a recommendation to JTC 1 to change its Program of
Work to indicate a transfer the following project from SC 22 to SC 2.
*	JTC 1.22.30.02.02 - International String Ordering and Comparison -
Method for Comparing Character Strings and Description of a Common
Tailorable Ordering Template - Project Editor: A. LaBonte, Canada