Subject: SC 22 N 3596 - Announcement of Ad Hoc Meeting on Marketing and Ed ucation

From: Matthew Deane <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:23:48 -0400

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 N3596

TITLE:
Announcement of Ad Hoc Meeting on Marketing and Education

DATE ASSIGNED:
2003-07-22

SOURCE:
SC 22 Secretariat

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Meeting Announcement

PROJECT NUMBER:

STATUS:
Contributions for the ad hoc meeting detailed below are due by 15 August
2003.  Also, please note the change in start time for the SC 22 Plenary.
The ad hoc will run Monday afternoon (15 September) from 13:00 hours to
17:00 hours.  The SC 22 Plenary will begin at 9:00 hours on 16 September.
These changes will also be reflected in the revised plenary agenda to be
issued.

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Open

Matt Deane
ANSI
25 West 43rd Street
New York, NY  10036
Telephone:  (212) 642-4992
Fax:             (212) 840-2298
Email:  [email-masked]

___end of cover page, beginning of document___________

Announcement of Ad Hoc Meeting on Marketing and Education

Location:  Oslo, Norway (in conjunction with SC 22 Plenary)
Date:  15 September 2003
Time:  13:00 hours to 17:00 hours

Background:  At the 2002 SC 22 Plenary in Finland, the following resolution
was passed:

Resolution 02-21:  Establishment of Ad Hoc on Marketing and Education

JTC 1/SC 22 directs its Chair and Secretariat to organize an ad hoc to
perform a marketing and education function within SC 22-related areas. 
 
This ad hoc should examine the standards marketplace to determine areas
where SC 22 can support the development of language standards as well as
take direct action to let other organizations know the strengths that SC 22
can bring to the table. In particular, such an ad hoc could promote the idea
that SC 22 can support such standardization through working groups and
international workshops.
 
Additionally, this ad hoc should look for opportunities to educate possible
submitters of standards or consumers of standards about the strengths of SC
22 in the language and language environments standardization area, and how
SC 22 can help them achieve international standardization of their products.
 
Unanimous 

Members are requested to send contributions to this ad hoc to the SC 22
Secretariat ([email-masked]) no later than 15 August 2003 to allow for
advance preparation for the meeting.