Subject: SC 22 N 3561 - Resolutions from the SC 22/WG 5 Meeting, 30 March to 4 April 2003 in Las Vegas, NV, USA

From: Matthew Deane <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 17:09:22 -0400

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)
 
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 N3561
 
TITLE:
Resolutions from the SC 22/WG 5 Meeting, 30 March to 4 April 2003 in Las
Vegas, NV, USA

DATE ASSIGNED:
2003-04-07
 
SOURCE:
SC 22/WG 5 Convenor (J. Reid)

BACKWARD POINTER:
 
DOCUMENT TYPE:
Meeting Resolutions

PROJECT NUMBER:
 
STATUS:
For information.

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI
 
DUE DATE:
  
DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Open
 
Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
Matt Deane
ANSI
25 West 43rd Street
New York, NY  10036
Telephone:  (212) 642-4992
Fax:             (212) 840-2298
Email:  [email-masked]

____end of cover page, beginning of document______

 ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG5-N1517

                       RESOLUTIONS OF THE WG5 MEETING
               ON MARCH 30 TO APRIL 4 2003 IN LAS VEGAS, NV, USA

The meeting was attended by the convenor and 20 members, representing
four member bodies.  Resolutions LV1 to LV6 were approved by unanimous
consent, LV7 and LV8 by unanimous acclaim.

LV1.  Editorship of Part 3 of the Fortran Standard (Conditional 
Compilation)
That WG5 congratulates Dan Nagle on his appointment by SC22 as Project 
Editor for Part 3 of the Fortran standard.

LV2.  Disposition of Comments Document for Part 3 of the Fortran Standard
That WG5 approves WG5-N1519 as the Disposition of Comments Document for 
Part 3 of the Fortran Standard (Conditional Compilation), and records its 
intent to incorporate the edits described in WG5-N1519 either in a 
Technical Corrigendum or in a revision of Part 3.

LV3.  Appreciation of J3
That WG5 again warmly congratulates the primary development body (J3), and 
particularly the Project Editor Richard Maine, for the high quality of 
their work and for producing the Committee Draft of the proposed 
Fortran 2000 standard to the agreed schedule.

LV4.  Disposition of Comments Document for Fortran 2000 CD
That WG5 endorses the categorization of the member body comments on the 
Fortran 2000 CD which is described in WG5-N1521 and the Disposition of 
Comments document WG5-N1520.

LV5.  Content and processing of Fortran 2000 FCD
That WG5 intends to submit a draft revised standard for Fortran for FCD 
ballot during September 2003 and directs the Editor to prepare a draft for 
this purpose.  The content shall be WG5-N1497 (also known as J3/02-007r3) 
as modified by edits in the following J3 papers (all preceded by 03-):  
101r2, 103r3, 104r2, 105r3, 108r3, 109r1, 110r2, 111r2, 112r2, 113r3, 
114r1, 115r1, 116r2, 118r3, 119r1, 120r1, 121r1, 122r1, 124r1, 125r2, 126, 
127r2, 130r2, 131r1, 134r2, 135r3, 138r1, 139r2, 140r1, 142r1, 144r2, 
145r1, 146, 147r1, 152r2, 153, 154r3, 155r1, 156r1, 157r1, 158r3, 159r2, 
162r2, 164r1, 165, 166, 167r2, 170r1, 171r2, 172r1, 173, 174r1, 176, 177, 
178, 179, 180, 183, 184, 186, 188r1.

The processing of this document shall be according to the agreed WG5 
schedule, which is (in part):
     J3 delivers draft of final CD to WG5   2003-06
     WG5 review meeting                     2003-08
     Final CD submitted for approval        2003-09
     Final CD ballot initiated              2003-10
     Final CD ballot comments available     2004-03
     WG5 approval of draft FDIS             2004-04

LV6.  Future Meetings
That WG5 thanks the German member body for offering to host the WG5 
meeting to be held in Dresden on July 28 to August 1, 2003.  Further, WG5 
thanks the US member body for offering to host the WG5 meeting to be held, 
simultaneously with J3, in Las Vegas on May 2 to 7, 2004.

LV7.  Vote of Thanks for Support
That WG5 thanks J3 for generously providing financial support for the 
meeting.

LV8.  Vote of Thanks
That WG5 wishes to express its appreciation to the convenor (John Reid), 
the secretaries (Steve Morgan and Stan Whitlock) and the drafting 
committee for their contributions to the success of the meeting.  It 
wishes especially to thank the host (Mallory North) for the arrangements 
for the meeting and Walt Brainerd for organizing the social events 
immediately prior to the meeting.