Subject: SC 22 N 3516 - JTC 1 Resolution on Invitation to JTC 1 PAS Submit ters and Consortia

From: Matthew Deane <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 12:07:25 -0500

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 N3516

TITLE:
JTC 1 Resolution on Invitation to JTC 1 PAS Submitters and Consortia

DATE ASSIGNED:
2002-11-06

SOURCE:
JTC 1 Secretariat

BACKWARD POINTER:

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Other document (Open)

PROJECT NUMBER:
N/A

STATUS:
JTC 1 passed the attached resolution on JTC 1 PAS Submitters and Consortia.

If SC 22 members have any comments or recommendations, please send them to
the SC 22 Secretariat.  There is no due date for submissions of comments.

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
COM

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Open

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
Matt Deane
ANSI
25 West 43rd Street
New York, NY  10036
Telephone:  (212) 642-4992
Fax:             (212) 840-2298
Email:  [email-masked]

___end of cover page, beginning of document__________

Resolution 24 - Invitation to JTC 1 PAS Submitters and Consortia

JTC 1 acknowledges the complementary importance of PAS submitters, (both
current and potential) and Consortia to the timely development of its
deliverables (IWAs and International Standards) in the Information
Technology sector.  JTC 1 actively seeks to engage with such organizations
and encourages all JTC 1 participants to seek such engagements. JTC 1
encourages its National Bodies and SCs to submit recommendations on
appropriate organizations with which to engage. The JTC 1 Chairman and
Secretariat are authorized to prioritise these engagements and arrange to
invite the appropriate organizations to engage with JTC 1.  If appropriate,
this should include making significant amounts of time available in JTC 1
Plenary meetings to allow these organizations to present their work to JTC
1. Representatives making such presentations should be invited to
participate as observers in the whole JTC 1 plenary process, both formal and
informal.

The JTC 1 Chairman, National Bodies and SC Chairmen, or their
representative, should seek opportunities and present JTC 1's work,
processes and deliverables and how JTC 1's deliverables complement the
deliverables to such organizations. Where such engagements are made, no
prior authority from JTC 1 is required but a report of the engagement should
be made to the JTC 1 Secretariat so that the JTC 1 Chairman and Secretariat
can make decisions on how such relationships might be deepened.

Unanimous