Subject: SC22 N2358 - Vote Summary on PDAM1 to IS 14515-1 POSIX API

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 17:34:02 -0500 (EST)

__________________beginning of title page ____________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2358

January 1997

TITLE:             Summary of Voting on PDAM Registration for PDAM1
                   to IS 14515-1: Information technology - Test Methods
                   Specifications for Measuring Conformance to POSIX -
                   Part 1: System Application Program Interface (API) -
                   Amendment 1: Realtime Extension (C Language)

SOURCE:            Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

WORK ITEM:         JTC 1.22.14515-1.02

STATUS:            PDAM1 to IS 14515-1 has been registered

CROSS REFERENCE:   SC22 N2233

DOCUMENT TYPE:     Summary of Voting

ACTION:            To SC22 Member Bodies for information.

                   To WG15 for a recommendation on the further 
                   processing of the PDAM.

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153  USA
Tel:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

_________________end of title page; beginning of overall summary ________

                          SUMMARY OF VOTING ON

Letter Ballot Reference No:   SC22 N2233
Circulated by:                JTC 1/SC22
Circulation Date:             08-20-1996
Closing Date:                 12-09-1996

SUBJECT:  PDAM Registration for: PDAM1 to IS 14515-1: Information
          technology - Test Methods Specifications for Measuring 
          Conformance to POSIX - Part 1: System Application Program
          Interface (API) - Amendment 1: Realtime Extension (C 
          Language)

The following responses have been received on the subject of approval:

"P" Members supporting approval
       without comment                   13

"P" Members supporting approval
       with comment                       1

"P" Members not supporting approval       0

"P" Members abstaining                    2

"P" Members not voting                    6

Secretariat Action:

Registration of PDAM1 to IS 14515-1 is approved.

The comment accompanying the abstention vote from the Netherlands was
"Lack of resources".

The comment accompanying the affirmative vote from the USA was:  "The
USNB would point out that the version of this document that is
subsequently balloted as the PDAM should be the appropriate IEEE draft
document to be in compliance with the approved JTC 1/SC22 Synchroni-
zation Plan."

WG15 is requested to make a recommendation on the further processing
of the PDAM taking into consideration the comment accompanying the 
affirmative vote from the USA.

__________________end of overall summary; beginning of detail summary ___

                 ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22  LETTER BALLOT SUMMARY

PROJECT NO:    JTC 1.22.14515-1.02

SUBJECT:       PDAM Registration for:  PDAM 1 to IS 14515-1: Information 
               technology - Test Methods Specifications for Measuring
               Conformance to POSIX - Part 1: System Application Program
               Interface (API) - Amendment 1: Realtime Extension (C
               Language)
          
Reference Document No:  N2233           Ballot Document No:  N2233
Circulation Date:   08-20-1996          Closing Date:  12-09-1996 
                                                              
Circulated To: SC22 P, L                Circulated By: Secretariat

                  SUMMARY OF VOTING AND COMMENTS RECEIVED

                 Approve Disapprove Abstain Comments   Not Voting
'P' Members

Australia          (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Austria            ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Belgium            ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Brazil             (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )    
Canada             ( )      ( )       (X)       ( )       ( )
China              ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Czech Republic     (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Denmark            (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Egypt              ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Finland            (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
France             (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Germany            (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Japan              (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Netherlands        ( )      ( )       (X)       (X)       ( )
Romania            ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Russian Federation (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Slovenia           (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Sweden             ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Switzerland        (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
UK                 (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Ukraine            (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
USA                (X)      ( )       ( )       (X)       ( )

'O' Members

Argentina          ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Bulgaria           ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Cuba               ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Greece             ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Hungary            ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Iceland            ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
India              ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Indonesia          ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Italy              ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Korea Republic     ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
New Zealand        ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Norway             ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Poland             ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Portugal           ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Singapore          ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Thailand           ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Turkey             ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Yugoslavia         ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )

_____________________________end of SC22 N2358 _______________________