Subject: SC22 N2349 (Vote Summary on LB 2212 - PDAM6 to ISO 9945-1 Reg

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 17:19:38 -0500 (EST)

__________________beginning of title page _____________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2349

December 1996

TITLE:            Summary of Voting on PDAM Registration for:  PDAM6
                  to ISO 9945-1: Information technology - Portable
                  Operating System Interface (POSIX), Transparent File
                  Access

SOURCE:           Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

WORK ITEM:        JTC 1.22.21.01.03.01

STATUS:           Registration of PDAM6 to ISO 9945-1 is approved.

CROSS REFERENCE:  SC22 N2212

DOCUMENT TYPE:    Summary of Voting

ACTION:           To SC22 Member Bodies for information.

                  To WG15 for preparation of a Disposition of Comments
                  Report and a recommendation on the further processing
                  of the PDAM.

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Tel:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

________________end of title page; beginning of summary _________________

                       SUMMARY OF VOTING ON

Letter Ballot Reference No:  SC22/N2212
Circulated by:               JTC 1/SC22
Circulation Date:            08-13-1966
Closing Date:                12-02-1996

SUBJECT:  PDAM Registration for:  PDAM6 to ISO 9945-1: Information
          technology - Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX),
          Transparent File Access

The following responses have been received on the subject of approval:

"P" Members supporting approval
       without comment                   14

"P" Members supporting approval
       with comment                       2

"P" Members not supporting approval       0

"P" Members Abstaining                    3

"P" Members not voting                    3

"O" Members supporting approval
       without comment                    1

Secretariat Action:

Registration of PDAM6 to ISO 9945-1 is approved.

The comment accompanying the abstention vote from Austria was:  "Lack
of expert resources".  The comment accompanying the abstention vote
from France was:  "Lack of resources".  The comment accompanying the
abstention vote from Germany was:  "Lack of expertise."

The comment accompanying the affirmative vote from the United Kingdom
was:  "The UK notes that the latest available draft should be the one
presented for PDAM ballot."  The comment accompanying the affirmative vote
from the USA was:  "The USNB would point out that the version of this
document that is subsequently balloted as the PDAM should be the
appropriate IEEE draft document to be in compliance with the approved
JTC 1/SC22 Synchronization Plan."

WG15 is requested to prepare a Disposition of Comments Report and make a
recommendation on the further processing of the PDAM.

____________________end of summary; beginning of detail summary _____

                 ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22  LETTER BALLOT SUMMARY

PROJECT NO:    JTC1.22.21.01.03.01

SUBJECT:  PDAM Registration for:  PDAM6 to ISO 9945-1: Information technology -
          Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX), Transparent File Access

Reference Document No:  N2008           Ballot Document No:  N2212
Circulation Date: 08-13-1996            Closing Date:  12-02-1996 
                                                              
Circulated To: SC22 P, L                Circulated By: Secretariat

SUMMARY OF VOTING AND COMMENTS RECEIVED

                 Approve  Disapprove Abstain Comments   Not Voting
'P' Members

Australia          (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Austria            ( )      ( )       (X)       (X)       ( )
Belgium            ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Brazil             (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )    
Canada             (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
China              ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Czech Republic     (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Denmark            (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Egypt              (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Finland            (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
France             ( )      ( )       (X)       (X)       ( )
Germany            ( )      ( )       (X)       (X)       ( )
Japan              (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Netherlands        (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Romania            (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Russian Federation (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Slovenia           (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Sweden             ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Switzerland        (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
UK                 (X)      ( )       ( )       (X)       ( )
Ukraine            (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
USA                (X)      ( )       ( )       (X)       ( )

'O' Members

Argentina          ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Bulgaria           ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Cuba               ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Greece             ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Hungary            ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Iceland            ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
India              ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Indonesia          ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Italy              ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Korea Republic     (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
New Zealand        ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Norway             ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Poland             ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Portugal           ( )      ( )       (X)       ( )       ( )
Singapore          ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Thailand           ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Turkey             ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Yugoslavia         ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )

_________________end of document SC22 N2349 ________________________