Subject: SC22 N2347 (Vote Summary on LB N2210 - POSIX API (C Language)

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 16:30:05 -0500 (EST)

________________________beginning of title page ______________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2347

December 1996

TITLE:             Summary of Voting on PDAM Registration for:  PDAM5
                   to ISO 9945-1: Information technology - Portable
                   Operating System Interface (POSIX), Part 1: System
                   Application Program Interface (API) (C Language)

SOURCE:            Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

WORK ITEM:         JTC 1.22.39

STATUS:            Registration of PDAM5 to ISO 9945-1 is approved.

CROSS REFERENCE:   SC22 N2210

DOCUMENT TYPE:     Summary of Voting

ACTION:            To SC22 Member Bodies for information.

                   To WG15 for preparation of a Disposition of Comments
                   Report and a recommendation on the further processing
                   of the PDAM.

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA USA 22153
Tel:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

__________________end of title page; beginning of summary ___________
                            SUMMARY OF VOTING

Letter Ballot Reference No:  SC22 N2210
Circulated by:               JTC 1/SC22
Circulation Date:            08-13-1996
Closing Date:                12-02-1996

SUBJECT:   PDAM Registration for PDAM5 to ISO 9945-1: Information
           technology - Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX),
           Part 1: System Application Program Interface (API) (C
           Language)

The following responses have been received on the subject of approval:

"P" Members supporting approval
       without comment                     16

"P" Members supporting approval
       with comment                         2

"P" Members not supporting approval         0

"P" Members abstaining:                     1

"P" Members not voting:                     3

"O" Members supporting approval
       without comment                      1

Secretariat action:

The comment accompanying the abstention vote from Austria was:  "Lack
of expert resources."

The comment accompanying the affirmative vote from the United Kingdom
was:  "The UK notes that the latest available draft should be the one
presented for PDAM ballot."  The comment accompanying the affirmative
vote from the USA was:  "The USNB would point out that the version of
this document that is subsequently balloted as the PDAM should be
the appropriate IEEE draft document to be in compliance with the
approved JTC 1/SC22 Synchronization Plan."

WG15 is requested to prepare a Disposition of Comments Report and make
a recommendation on the further processing of the PDAM>

_______________end of vote summary; beginning of detailed vote _______
                 ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22  LETTER BALLOT SUMMARY

PROJECT NO:    JTC1.22.39

SUBJECT:  PDAM Registration for:  PDAM5 to ISO 9945-1: Information technology -
          Portable Operating System Interface (POSIX), Part 1: System
          Application Program Interface (API) (C Language)

Reference Document No:  N1843           Ballot Document No:  N2210
Circulation Date: 08-13-1996            Closing Date:  12-02-1996 
                                                              
Circulated To: SC22 P, L                Circulated By: Secretariat

SUMMARY OF VOTING AND COMMENTS RECEIVED

                 Approve  Disapprove Abstain Comments   Not Voting
'P' Members

Australia          (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Austria            ( )      ( )       (X)       (X)       ( )
Belgium            ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Brazil             (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )    
Canada             (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
China              ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Czech Republic     (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Denmark            (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Egypt              (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Finland            (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
France             (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Germany            (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Japan              (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Netherlands        (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Romania            (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Russian Federation (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Slovenia           (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Sweden             ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       (X)
Switzerland        (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
UK                 (X)      ( )       ( )       (X)       ( )
Ukraine            (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
USA                (X)      ( )       ( )       (X)       ( )

'O' Members

Argentina          ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Bulgaria           ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Cuba               ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Greece             ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Hungary            ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Iceland            ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
India              ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Indonesia          ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Italy              ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Korea Republic     (X)      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
New Zealand        ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Norway             ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Poland             ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Portugal           ( )      ( )       (X)       ( )       ( )
Singapore          ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Thailand           ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Turkey             ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )
Yugoslavia         ( )      ( )       ( )       ( )       ( )

______________end of document SC22 N2347 _____________________________