Subject: SC 22 N 3480 - National Body Activity Report of the Republic of K orea

From: Matthew Deane <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:54:18 -0400

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 N3480

TITLE:
National Body Activity Report of the Republic of Korea

DATE ASSIGNED:
2002-08-19

SOURCE:
National Body of the Republic of Korea

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
National Body Contribution

PROJECT NUMBER:

STATUS:
As this document was received after the July 26 deadline, it will be
reviewed at the upcoming SC 22 Plenary under Agenda Item 7.2 pending
approval for addition to the agenda.  

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Def

Matt Deane
ANSI
25 West 43rd Street
New York, NY  10036
Telephone:  (212) 642-4992
Fax:             (212) 840-2298
Email:  [email-masked]

_____end of cover page, beginning of document______________

Korean National Body Report to ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22 Plenary Meeting

*Status
The status of Republic of Korea has been changed from "O" member to "P"
member in December, 2001. To participate actively in SC22, Korean SC22
committee has expanded its member staff and made some organization changes.
They are:

	1)	Sang Yong, Han, a professor at the Chung Ang University, is
elected as a new committee chairperson in Korea.
	2)	Three new members (two from the industry and one from
academia) joined the Korean SC22 committee which becomes 14 member
committee.
	3)	We have active participants only in WG20, but are trying to
follow the activities of some other WGs. Therefore, four national-level WGs
are created and they are WG15, WG20, WG17 and WG21.

Korea has participated at the last plenary meeting, and will be attending
the next one.

*Korean Industrial Standards

Korean National Body, KATS endeavors to promptly adopt newly published ISO
standards as well as all standards already developed by SC22 to KSs(Kroean
Industrial Standards)

The works on the following six ISO standards were on going into the KSs :

ISO/IEC TR 10034:1990 - Guidelines for the preparation of conformity clauses
in programming language standards

ISO/IEC 13719-4:1998 - Information Technology-Portable Common Tool
Environment(PCTE)- Part 4:IDL binding(Interface Definition Language)

ISO/IEC 13813:1998 - Information Technology-Programming Languages-Generic
package of real and complex type declaration and basic operations for
Ada(including vector and matrix types)

ISO/IEC 13817-1:1996 - Information Technology-Programming Languages, their
environments and system software interfaces-Vienna Development Method
Specification Language-Part1:Base Language

ISO/IEC 14882:1998 - Programming Languages - C++

ISO/IEC 15145:1997-Information Technology-Programming Languages-FORTH