Subject: (SC22docs.161) Document SC22 N2342 - Revised Agenda for WG5, Feb 1997 Meeting

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 13:45:58 +0200

__________________beginning of title page ___________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretriat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2342

December 1996

TITLE:                  Revised Agenda for SC22/WG5 (Fortran) Meeting
                        on February 10-14, 1997 in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

SOURCE:                 Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

WORK ITEM:              N/A

STATUS:                 This revised agenda replaces the agenda trans-
                        mitted in document SC22 N2313.

CROSS REFERENCE:        SC22 N2313

DOCUMENT TYPE:          Revised Agenda

ACTION:                 To SC22 Member Bodies for information.

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA USA 22153
Tel:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

____________________end of title page; beginning of text ________________

Draft Agenda                                  ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG5 N1234

Meeting of ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG5

February 10-14, 1997

Sunrise Suites, 4575 Boulder Highway
Las Vegas, NV  89121, USA

                        Monday, February 10     0830 - 2200
                        Tuesday, February 11    0830 - 1730
                        Wednesday, February 12  0830 - 2200
                        Thursday, February 13   0830 - 1730
                        Friday, February 14     0830 - 1730

Note that this meeting is a joint meeting of ANSI/X3J3 and ISO/IEC
JTC1/SC22/WG5, and is a full meeting of each committee.  Agenda items
marked with a # will be chaired by the Chairman of X3J3, agenda items
marked with ## will be chaired by the respective development body project
editors, and other agenda items will be chaired by the Convenor of WG5.

The major item of business is the finalisation of the content for the next
revision of Fortran (Fortran 2000), and the commencement of technical work
on some of the items therein.  A substantial part of the meeting will be
devoted to working in subgroups, with subgroup heads chosen equally from
the WG5 and X3J3 membership.  In order to expedite matters, items preceded
by an asterisk will not have any agenda time and will be the subject of
written reports only.  Moreover, it is intended to operate the meeting to a
detailed timetable, which will be confirmed under agenda item 2.5.  The
provisional timetable is appended to this revised agenda.

  1.  Opening of the Meeting:  8.30 am, February 10, 1997

 #2.  Opening business
      2.1  Introductory remarks from the WG5 Convenor and the X3J3 Chair
      2.2  Local arrangements
      2.3  Appointments for this meeting
      2.4  Meeting objectives
      2.5  Adoption of the Agenda
      2.6  Approval of the Minutes of the Dresden WG5 Meeting
      2.7  Approval of the Minutes of X3J3 Meeting #139
      2.8  Other opening business

 *3.  Status of Dresden Resolutions

  4.  Reports
      4.1  Urgent SC22 and X3 Matters
     *4.2  National Activity Reports (Heads of Delegations)
      4.3  Report from Primary Development Body (X3J3 Chair)
      4.4  Reports from other Development Bodies (Editors/Heads)
     *4.5  Liaison Reports

 *5.  Defect Management Issues
      5.1  Fortran 90
      5.2  Fortran Part 2 - Varying Length Strings
      5.3  Fortran Part 1 - Fortran 95

##6.  Processing of Technical Reports and other Standards
      6.1  TR on Interoperability with C
      6.2  Fortran Part 3 - Conditional Compilation

  7.  Identification of Fortran 2000 Requirements
      7.1  High Performance Computing Requirements
      7.2  Data Extensibility Requirements
      7.3  Miscellaneous Requirements (including Internationalization
           Requirements)
      7.4  Final Proposed Content of Fortran 2000

 #8.  Development of Fortran 2000 Requirements
      8.1  High Performance Computing Features
      8.2  Data Extensibility Features
      8.3  Miscellaneous Features

 #9.  Any other Technical Items

 10.  Closing Business
      10.1 Future WG5 meetings
      10.2 Future X3J3 meetings
      10.3 Other closing business

 11.  Adoption of Las Vegas Resolutions

 12.  Adjournment:  5.30 pm, February 14, 1997

TIMETABLE
=========

The provisional timetable for the meeting is as follows:

Monday February 10
   8.30 - 11.30  Agenda items 2 and 4
  11.30 - 12.00  Tutorial by Arnold Winkler, Convenor of WG20, on the
                 Internationalization aspects of agenda item 7.3
   1.30 -  5.00  Work in subgroups on items 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3
   5.00 -  5.30  Reports from subgroup heads

   8.00 - 10.00  6.1 Meeting of the interoperability development body

Tuesday February 11
   8.30 -  5.00  Processing of subgroup papers from items 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3,
                 followed by work in subgroups on items 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3
   5.00 -  5.30  Reports from subgroup heads

Wednesday February 12
   8.30 - 12.30  7.4 Determination of final proposed content of Fortran 2000
   2.00 -  5.00  Work in subgroups on items 8.1, 8.2 and 8.3
   5.00 -  5.30  Reports from subgroup heads

   8.00 - 10.00  6.2 Meeting of the conditional compilation development body

Thursday February 13
   8.30 -  4.00  Processing of subgroup papers from items 8.1, 8.2 and 8.3,
                 followed by work in subgroups on items 8.1, 8.2 and 8.3
   4.00 -  5.00  Preliminary discussion of proposed resolutions
   5.00 -  5.30  Reports from subgroup heads

Friday February 14
   8.30 - 12.30  Completion of subgroup work on items 8.1, 8.2 and 8.3,
                 and item 9
   2.00 -  5.30  Agenda items 10 and 11

Note that although the days on which the various items will be discussed
are intended to be as shown, all times are only approximate and are subject
to alteration in the light of circumstances.

All delegates will be assigned to one of three technical subgroups:  High
Performance Computing (HPC), Data Extensibility (DATA), and Miscellaneous
(MISC).  These subgroups will function throughout the meeting, as indicated
above, both for identification of requirements (7.1, 7.2 and 7.3) and
development of requirements (8.1, 8.2 and 8.3).  The provisional subgroup
heads are:  HPC - Dick Hendrickson, assisted by Baker Kearfott;  DATA -
Manuela Z*rn, assisted by John Cuthbertson;  MISC - Stan Whitlock, assisted
by Christian Weber.

Note also that items 6.1 and 6.2 will be discussed by their respective
development bodies in the evenings of Monday and Wednesday, respectively,
continuing on Thursday evening if necessary, with full WG5 consideration
being limited to discussion of draft resolutions recommended by these
development bodies.

__________________________end of document SC22 N2342 ________________