Subject: SC 22 N 3447 - National Body Activity Report from Austria

From: Matthew Deane <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 09:39:52 -0400

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 N3447

TITLE:
National Body Activity Report from Austria

DATE ASSIGNED:
2002-07-29

SOURCE:
National Body of Austria

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
National Body Contribution

PROJECT NUMBER:

STATUS:
This document was received by the July 26 deadline, so it will be reviewed
at the upcoming SC 22 Plenary under Agenda
Item 7.2.  

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Def

Matt Deane
ANSI
25 West 43rd Street
New York, NY  10036
Telephone:  (212) 642-4992
Fax:             (212) 840-2298
Email:  [email-masked]

_____end of cover page, beginning of document______________

Austrian National Body Report
  to the ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22 Plenary 2002

  In Austria, standardization activities are coordinated by ON
(Oesterreichisches Normungsinstitut).  The mirror group of ISO/IEC
JTC1/SC22 is called AG 001.5.  It is a very small group, making it
impossible to follow all the international developments.  However,
at least some of the documents can be processed, and there is active
participation in some working groups, most notably Fortran (by
Gerhard and David Schmitt) and Modula-2 (by Martin Schoenhacker, who
is the current convener).

  It is still hoped that industry will eventually start to
participate in this Austrian mirror group, but so far the members
all come from academia.  This causes problems in particular with
funding, which is also one of the reasons that Austria will
unfortunately (again) not be represented at this year's SC22 Plenary
meeting.

  On behalf of the Austrian mirror group I wish you all an
interesting, productive and successful meeting!

        Best regards,
                                Dr. Martin Schoenhacker
                                Austrian HoD to SC22
                                Vienna Univ. of Technology
                                Karlsplatz 13/186-1
                                A-1040 Vienna, Austria
                                [email-masked]