Subject: SC 22 N 3442 - National Body Activity Report of Finland

From: Matthew Deane <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:38:52 -0400

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 N3442

TITLE:
National Body Activity Report of Finland 

DATE ASSIGNED:
2002-07-26

SOURCE:
National Body of Finland

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
National Body Contribution

PROJECT NUMBER:

STATUS:
This document will be reviewed at the upcoming SC 22 Plenary under Agenda
Item 7.2.  

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Def

Matt Deane
ANSI
25 West 43rd Street
New York, NY  10036
Telephone:  (212) 642-4992
Fax:             (212) 840-2298
Email:  [email-masked]

_____end of cover page, beginning of document______________

National Activity Report of Finland to the Plenary Meeting of ISO/IEC
JTC1/SC22, August 26-30, 2002

The Finnish Standardisation Association (SFS) is a national member body of
ISO. Based on the agreement between SFS, Finnish Information Society
Development Center  (ISDC) forms a standardisation agency, which is
responsible for the most JTC1 activities. The Steering Committee of the
agency has delegated the practical work to the external or internal
organisational units. 

The organisational unit responsible for the SC22 work is Tampere University
of Technology, Information Technology (Pori), which is co-ordinating the
work in the scope of SC22 and following the international activities in as
broad sector as possible. Participation in the international work is based
on the activity of  organisations or individuals loosely connected to each
other. In WG-level national activities vary in time and intensity from
temporary personal level interest to long time span active participation. We
have active participants only in some of the SC22 WGs, but are trying to
follow the activities in more wide scope.