Subject: SC 22 N 3439 - Pascal Project Editor Report

From: Matthew Deane <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 13:32:24 -0400

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 N3439

TITLE:
Pascal Project Editor Report

DATE ASSIGNED:
2002-07-10

SOURCE:
Pascal Project Editor (T. Hetherington)

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:
Other document (Open)

PROJECT NUMBER:
22.08 and 22.19

STATUS:
This document will be reviewed at the upcoming SC 22 Plenary under Agenda
Item 9.2.

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI

DUE DATE:
N/A

DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:

DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Open

Matt Deane
ANSI
25 West 43rd Street
New York, NY  10036
Telephone:  (212) 642-4992
Fax:             (212) 840-2298
Email:  [email-masked]

______end of cover page, beginning of document__________

Pascal Report to SC22 Plenary                       July 2002

The current versions of the Pascal and Extended Pascal standards 
are under maintenance within J9; no major development is 
contemplated at this time.  There has been correspondence 
among the committee members, and two electronic ballots have 
been conducted. 

ISO/IEC 7185:1990 Pascal is the definition of the simple base 
language, and was reconfirmed in 2000 for a further period.

During the last year ISO/IEC 10206:1991 (Extended Pascal) was 
reconfirmed for a further five years.  It was also adopted as 
the US standard in place of ANSI/IEEE 770X3.160-1989, which 
was an essentially identical definition.  The possibility was 
also discussed of making this a Stabilized standard, but the 
committee did not consider that it was an appropriate time, 
and in a ballot the change was rejected. 

There is currently some discussion with BSI, who hold the 
copyright in the Pascal Validation Suite, as to how J9 might 
be enabled to take effective charge of maintenance and 
distribution of the suite. 

Tony Hetherington
Project Editor

-------------------------------------------------------------

Best regards,

Tony Hetherington

-----------------------------
Prospero Development Software
Tel: +44 20 8785 1414
Fax: +44 20 8785 1616
-----------------------------