Subject: Document SC22 N2332 - Venue/Agenda for WG4 March 1997 Meeting

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 18:01:15 -0500 (EST)

___________________beginning of title page ___________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2332

November 1996

TITLE:                Venue Notice and Draft Agenda for SC22/WG4 (COBOL)
                      Meeting on March 17-21, 1997 in Monterey,
	              California, USA

SOURCE:               Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

WORK ITEM:            N/A

STATUS:               N/A

CROSS REFERENCE:      N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:        Venue Notice and Agenda

ACTION:               To SC22 Member Bodies for information.

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153 USA
Tel:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

_________________end of title page; beginning of venue information _____

                              Announcement
                             WG4 Meeting 19

Meeting of ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG4 - COBOL

17-21 March, 1997
Monday through Friday:   0900 to 1800

The next WG4 meeting will be held at the Monterey Beach Hotel in
Monterey, California, USA, from 17 through 21 March 1997.

The hotel has rooms facing the beach (Ocean view) and rooms facing the
garden (Garden view).  The rooms are the same except for the view.
Following are the rates (single or double) before taxes:

                              Saturday       Sunday thru Friday
                              15 March       16 March - 21 March
                              --------       -------------------

Garden view                      $109             $89

Ocean view                       $139             $119

The tax rate is currently 10%.  There is a $10 charge for each
additional person.  Non-smoking rooms are available.  Check-in time is
4:00 p.m.

To make your reservation for accomodations, contact the hotel by fax or
telephone and be sure to request your reservation for the "IBM/ISO
COBOL" meeting:
        Best Western Monterey Beach Hotel
        2600 Sand Dunes Drive
        Monterey, CA  93940,  USA
        Telephone:          +1 408 394-3321
                             1 800 242-8627 from within the U.S.
        Fax:                +1 408 393-1912

Reservations are due no later than 30 JANUARY, 1997.  Garden view rooms
are blocked for Sunday through Friday, and some rooms are blocked for
the preceding Saturday.  Ocean view rooms will be on a space-available
basis and booking earlier than 30 JANUARY is recommended.  Anyone
staying past 21 March will need to inquire about the rate with the hotel
and will need to book early.

Reservations should be guaranteed by a credit card (American Express,
Diners, Master Card, or Discover) or check, and may be cancelled or
modified up to 72 hours before arrival without penalty.  Reservations
cancelled or reduced with less than 72 hours notice will result in a
penalty charge of one night's room rate, plus tax.  Visa cards will be
accepted for payment, but not for room guarantee.

Recommended airports are San Francisco, San Jose, or Monterey.  Driving
time from San Francisco in off hours is approximately 2 hours; from San
Jose, approximately 1.5 hours.

There are some jet flights into Monterey -- for example, United has a
direct jet flight from Chicago to Monterey -- and other airlines offer
flights as well.  Be sure to check the aircraft type because some
airlines fly prop planes into Monterey.  The hotel is about a mile from

Monterey airport, and taxi fare is under 10 USD.  The hotel does not
offer shuttle service.

There is a restaurant in the hotel, 2 nearby hotels with restaurants,
and a MacDonald's within walking distance.  Otherwise, transportation
will be needed for restaurants.

To drive to the hotel from San Francisco or San Jose, after exiting the
airport, take:
    101 South (continue past Gilroy);
    156 West (to Monterey Peninsula);
    -  156 flows into Highway 1 South
    Exit 218 (Seaside, Del Rey Oaks);
    turn right from the off-ramp.
    The hotel is visible as soon as you turn from the off-ramp.

To drive from Monterey airport, ask for directions when you rent your
car.

The weather may be mild or quite chilly and rain is possible.  You are
advised to bring a coat and umbrella.

I will be hosting the meeting.  If you need additional information or
assistance, feel free to contact me:
      Telephone:              +1 408  463-4344
      Fax:                    +1 408  463-2425
      email:                  [email-masked]

National bodies and heads of delegations are reminded of the requirement
to inform the host and convenor of their delegation's members no later
than one month before the start of the meeting.

The primary purpose of this meeting is to respond to comments on the
combined CD registration and CD ballots on the revision of COBOL.  The
secondary focus will be on preparation of a quality document for
subsequent processing.  The preliminary agenda follows.

Regards,
Ann Wallace
Convenor
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 WG4

______________end of venue information; beginning of agenda ____________

                           Preliminary Agenda
                             WG4 Meeting 19

Meeting of ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG4 - COBOL

17-21 March, 1997
Monday through Friday:   0900 to 1800

Monterey Beach Hotel, 2600 Sand Dunes Drive
Monterey, CA  93940,  USA
Telephone:          +1 408 394-3321
Fax:                +1 408 393-1912

 1.     Opening of the meeting:  9:00 a.m., 17 March, 1997
 2.     Opening business
 2.1        Introductory remarks from the Convenor
 2.2        Introduction of delegates
 2.3        Welcome by the host, local arrangements
 2.4        Appointment of Secretary and Chair
 2.5        Selection of Drafting Committee
 2.6        Recognition of Documents
 2.7        Approval of the Agenda
 2.8        Approval of Minutes of Meeting 18, Zaandam, May 1996
                WG4 N 097 - Minutes of WG4 Meeting 18
 3.     JTC1 or SC22 decisions affecting the group
 4.     Preliminary discussion of future meetings
 5.     Liaison Reports
 5.1        X3J4 (D. Schricker)
 5.2        X/Open COBOL  (M. Dessier)
 5.3        WG20 Internationalization  (A. Wallace)
 5.4        SC22/WG11 - Language Independent Datatypes and Procedure Call,
               Language Independent Arithmetic Standard  (D. Nelson)
 6.     Revision (Project JTC1.22.01.07)
 6.1        Respond to comments on CD registration ballot
 6.2        Respond to comments on CD ballot
 6.3        Corrections *
 6.3.1         Zero-length group items
 6.4        Schedule Review
 6.5        Recommendation for further processing
 6.6        DIS schedule projection
 7.     Defect Management
 8.     Discussion of Future Revision or Amendments
 9.     Future Meeting Schedule and Plans
 10.    Review and Approval of Resolutions from this Meeting
 11.    Close of the meeting

*  In adition to responding to comments, this meeting will focus on
quality.   Delegates are requested to forward to the convenor documents
on errors discovered after the close of CD ballot.

_________________end of document SC22 N2332 ________________________