Subject: **ASSIST**

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 14:32:31 +0100

From: Dr Michael Coker

Attn: President/C.E.O.

I am DR. MICHEAL  COKER, Director of Project, South Africa Ministry of 
Mining & Natural Resources. I am making this contact with you based 
on the committee's need for an individual/company who is willing to 
assist us with a solution to a money transfer. First and foremost, I 
apologized using this medium to reach you for a transaction/business 
of this magnitude, but this is due to Confidentiality and prompt access 
reposed on this medium. In unfolding this proposal, I want to count on 
you, as a respected and honest person to handle this transaction with 
sincerity, trust and confidentiality.

I have decided to seek a confidential co-operation with you in the 
execution of the deal described here under for the benefit of all parties 
and hope you will keep it as a top secret because of the nature of this 
transaction.  

Within the Ministry of Mining and Natural resources where I work as 
Director of Project Implemention and with the cooperation of four other 
top officials, we have in our possession as overdue payment bills totaling 
Seventeen Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars 
(US$17,500,000.) which we want to transfer abroad with the assistance 
and cooperation of a foreign company/individual to receive the said 
fund on our behalf or a reliable foreign non-company account to receive 
such funds. More so, we are handicapped in the circumstances, as 
the South Africa Civil Service Code of Conduct does not allow us to 
operate offshore account hence your importance in the whole transaction.
This amount $17.5m represents the balance of the total contract value 
executed on behalf of my Department by a foreign contracting firm, which 
we the officials over-invoiced deliberately.

Though the actual contract cost have been paid to the original contractor, l
eaving the balance in the tune of the said amount which we have in 
principles gotten approval to remit by Key tested Telegraphic Transfer (K.T.T) 
to any foreign bank account you will provide by filing in an application 
through the  Ministry of Justice here in South Africa for the transfer of 
rights and privileges of the former contractor to you. 

I have the authority of my partners involved to propose that should you 
be willing to assist us in the transaction, your share of the sum will be 20% 
of the $17.5 million, 70% for us and 5% for taxation and miscellaneous 
expenses while the remaining 5% will go to charity organization. The 
business itself is 100% safe, on your part provided you treat it with utmost 
secrecy and confidentiality. Also your area of specialization is not a hindrance 
to the successful execution of this transaction. I have reposed my confidence 
in you and hope that you will not disappoint me. Endeavor to contact me 
immediately through my e-mail [email-masked] to confirm whether or 
not you are interested in this deal. If you are not, it will enable me scout for 
another foreign partner to carry out this deal. I want to assure you that my 
partners and myself are in a position to make the payment of this claim 
possible provided you can give us a very strong Assurance and guarantee 
that our share will be secured and please, remember to treat this matter very 
confidential , because we will not comprehend with any form of exposure as 
we are still in active Government Service. Once again, remember that time is of 
great essence in this transaction.

I wait in anticipation of your fullest co-operation.

Yours faithfully

Dr. Micheal Coker.