Subject: Document SC22 N2324 - Agenda for WG21 November Meeting

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 18:12:57 -0500 (EST)

______________________beginning of title page ________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2324

November 1996

TITLE:              Agenda for SC22/WG21 (C++) Meeting on November 11-15,
                    1996 in Kameula, Hawaii, USA

SOURCE:             Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

WORK ITEM:          N/A

STATUS:             N/A

CROSS REFERENCE:    SC22 N2204

DOCUMENT TYPE:      Agenda

ACTION:             TO SC22 Member Bodies for information.

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA USA 22153
Tel:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

________________end of title page, beginning of text ___________________

                           AGENDA

                    WG21 Meeting No. 17
                    November 11-15, 1996

At this meeting we are determined to  complete  the  Working
Paper  to  the  point  where we can vote it out as a CD, and
start the ANSI public  comment  period.   Working  backwards
from  that  intended result, we see that we will need to run
this meeting differently from past meetings.

By Friday, we will have completed a new version of  the  WP,
and  take  in  essence  two  votes:   accept the new WP, and
accept the new WP as the CD. The new WP editing must be com-
plete  on  Thursday.  Votes  on any substantive changes will
have to be complete on Wednesday.

Please notice that our daily schedule has  been  shifted  30
minutes earlier than normal.

Monday, November 11, 8:30am-5:00pm

 1.  Opening activities

 1.1 Opening comments

 1.2 Introductions

 1.3 Membership, voting rights, and procedures for the meet-
     ing

 1.4 Distribution of position papers, WG  progress  reports,
     WG  work  plans  for the week, and other documents that
     were not distributed before the meeting.

 1.5 Approval of the minutes of the previous meeting

 1.6 Agenda review and approval

 1.7 Report on the WG21 Sunday meeting

 1.8 Liaison reports

 1.9 New business requiring actions by the committee

 2.  Working Paper for Draft Proposed Standard

 2.1 Changes in the Working Paper

     This includes changes in all chapters  of  the  Working
     Paper,  corrections  to  changes,  and  approval of the
     current version of the Working Paper.

 3.  Organize  subgroups,  chapter  editors,   and   chapter
     reviewers.  Establish working procedures.

 4.  WG sessions

     See comments for Tuesday's WG sessions.

Tuesday, November 12, 8:00am-5:00pm

 5.  WG sessions

     During these sessions all WGs are  to  close  all  out-
     standing  issues,  and  prepare  complete proposals for
     consideration during General Session  I  on  Wednesday.
     (That  is, each subgroup prepares its own complete pro-
     posals; there will be no separate "drafting  committee"
     as  in  past  meetings.)   Presumably no topics will be
     addressed which have not  been  discussed  in  previous
     meetings  or  mailings.   A  "complete  proposal" shows
     exact changes to the WP, probably in the form of diffs,
     and  does  not  rely on the Project Editor to determine
     whether other parts of the WP might be affected by  the
     proposal.   Not  later than Tuesday evening, all propo-
     sals are made available electronically and in  hardcopy
     to the attendees.

Wednesday, November 13, 8:00am-5:00pm

 6.  General session I

     During this session all WGs and, possibly,  individuals
     will  present  the  proposals  as  prepared on Tuesday.
     Everyone will have copies  of  the  proposals,  so  the
     presentations will be as brief as possible.  Discussion
     will be limited to understanding the issues and  allow-
     ing  voting  members  to come to a decision pro or con.
     Each proposal will become a formal motion and  will  be
     voted  on immediately.  (Of course, formal meeting pro-
     cedures  regarding  discussion,  amendments,   tabling,
     withdrawing, and so on are always applicable.)

Thursday, November 14, 8:00am-5:00pm

 7.  Preparation of new DWP.

     With the help of the subgroup  editors  and  reviewers,
     the Project Editor will prepare a new DWP incorporating
     all the approved changes from Wednesday  in  electronic
     form.  Diff bars will show the changes from the version
     approved on Monday.  The DWP  will  be  made  available
     electronically, since it will be possible to print only
     a limited number of  hardcopies  at  this  time.   Work
     should be completed by 5:00 pm.

 8.  Social event Thursday evening.

Friday, November 15, 9:00am-12:00pm

     Note: We will start one hour later in  order  to  allow
     some extra time for reviewing the new DWP.

9.   Review of the meeting

9.1  Formal motions

9.2  Review of action items, decisions made,  and  documents
     approved by the committee

9.3  Issues delayed until Friday

10.  Plans for the future

10.1 Next meeting

10.2 Mailings

10.3 Following meetings

Breaks

Morning coffee break - 9:30am-9:45am

Lunch break - 11:30pm-1:00pm

Afternoon coffee break - 2:45pm-3:00pm

____________________end of document SC22 N2324 _________________________