Subject: SC22 N2298 - Approved Plenary Agenda

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 18:48:13 -0400 (EDT)

________________________beginning of title page _______________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2298

October 1996

TITLE:             Approved Agenda for the Ninth Plenary Meeting of
                   ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 on September 23-27, 1996 in
                   London, United Kingdom

SOURCE:            Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

WORK ITEM:         N/A

STATUS:            N/A

CROSS REFERENCE:   N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:     Final Agenda for JTC 1/SC22 1996 Plenary

ACTION:            To SC22 Member Bodies, WG Conveners and HODs for
                   information.

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153  USA
Tel:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

__________________end of title page, beginning of text ______________

              NINTH PLENARY MEETING OF ISO/IEC  JTC 1/SC22
                      LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM 
		       SEPTEMBER 23-27, 1996

Location: British Standards Institution
          389 Chiswick High Road
          London W4 4AL, United Kingdom
          Telephone:  +44 (0)181 996 9000
          Fax:  +44 (0)181 996 7448

                            APPROVED AGENDA

Monday, September 23, 1996 - 1000 hours to 1800 hours
Tuesday, September 24 through Thursday, September 26, 1996 - 0900 to 1830 hours
Friday, September 27, 1996 - 0930 to 1300
(Ad Hocs and the Drafting Committee will meet on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday as necessary
to complete their work.)

1.  OPENING OF MEETING

2.  CHAIRMAN'S REMARKS

3.  ROLL CALL OF DELEGATES

4.  APPOINTMENT OF DRAFTING COMMITTEE

5.  ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
    Document N2254

6.  REPORT OF THE SECRETARIAT
    Document N2142

    6.1  SC22 Project Information
         Document N2255

    6.2  Outstanding Actions from the Eighth Plenary of SC22
         Document N1970, N1971

    6.3  JTC 1/SC22 Standing Documents
         Document N2256

7.  ACTIVITY REPORTS

     7.1  Report from the Chairman
          Documents N2097, N2106

     7.2  National Reports
          (Written reports to be submitted by Heads of Delegation,
          presentation up to 5 minutes.)
          Document N2242, N2266, N2272, N2273, N2274, N2275, N2276, N2277,
          N2279

     7.3  Liaison Reports - External to ISO/IEC JTC 1

          7.3.1  CCE -          Commission of the European Communities

          7.3.2  CIRF -         International Institutions for Production Engineering Research   
     
          7.3.3  ECMA -         European Computer Manufacturers
                                Association

          7.3.4  EWICS -        European Workshop on Industrial Computer
                                Systems

          7.3.5  IFIP -         International Federation for Information 
                                Processing

          7.3.6  ITU -          International Telecommunication Union
               
     7.4  Report of Liaison Officers

          7.4.1  Liaison Officer to SC2 -                     J. Van Wingen

          7.4.2  Liaison Officer to SC7 -                     J. Cote

          7.4.3  Liaison Officer to SC21 -                    I. Korn

          7.4.4  Liaison Officer to SC21/WG3 -                I. Korn

          7.4.5  Liaision Officer to SC1 -                to be determined

          7.4.6  Liaison Officer to SC27 -                to be determined

8.  WORKING GROUP REPORTS
    (Written report to be submitted by Conveners before presentation.  
    Presentation up to 15 minutes.)

     8.1   WG3 - APL                                    L. Dickey
           Document N2280

     8.2   WG4 - COBOL                                  A. Wallace
           Document N2227

           8.2.1  Request for Approval of Revised Target Dates,
                  Project JTC 1.22.01.07
                  Document N2227

      8.3  WG5 - Fortran                                 M. Ellis
           Document N2234

          8.3.1   Request for Appointment of Project Editor for Project 
                  JTC 1.22.02.01.03
                  Document N2234

          8.3.2   Request for Approval of New Scope and Title for Project 
                  JTC 1.22.02.01.04
                  Document N2234

          8.3.3   Request to Subdivide Project JTC 1.22.02.01.01
                  Document N2234, N2235

          8.3.4   Request for Approval of Concurrent CD Registration and
                  CD Ballot for Projects JTC 1.22.02.01.02,  JTC
                  1.22.02.01.03  and JTC 1.22.02.01.04
                  Document N2234

     8.4  WG9 - Ada                                       R. Mathis
          Document N2259

     8.5  WG11 - Binding Techniques                       W. Wakker
          Document N2240

     8.6  WG13 - Modula 2                                 C. Pronk
          Document N2196

          8.6.1  Nomination of Dr. Martin Schoenhacker (Austria) as 
                 Convener of WG13
                 Document N2098, N2186

          8.6.2  Nomination of Mr. C. Pronk (Netherlands) as Project Editor
                 for Project JTC 1.22.18.01
                 Document N2196

          8.6.3  Change of Title for Project JTC 1.22.18.04
                 Document N2196

          8.6.4  Withdrawal of Projects JTC 1.22.18.03,  JTC 1.22.18.05
                 and JTC 1.22.18.06
                 Document N2196

          8.6.5  Request to Subdivide Project JTC 1.22.18
                 Document N2196, N2278

          8.6.6  Request for Concurrent PDTR Registration and PDTR Ballot
                 for "Guidelines for C Binding"
                 Document N2196
     
    8.7   WG14 - C                                           P. Plauger
          Document N2225R, N2265

          8.7.1  Request for WWW Availability of Technical Corrigendum
                 Document N2225R

          8.7.2  Appointment of WG14 Convener
                 Document N2225R

     8.8  WG15 - POSIX                                      J. Isaak
          Document N2231

          8.8.1  Request for Appointment of Project Editors
                 Document N2231

          8.8.2  Request for Withdrawal of Projects JTC 1.22.21.02.02,  
                 JTC 1.22.21.01.02.01, JTC 1.22.21.01.02.02,  JTC
                 1.22.21.01.04  and  JTC 1.22.21.03.02
                 Document N2231

          8.8.3  Approval of WG15 Synchronization Plan
                 Document N2231

          8.8.4  Request for Approval of SC22 Recommendation for
                 Profiles
                 Document N2231

          8.8.5  Request for Division of Work
                 Document N2214, N2231

          8.8.6  Request for Endorsement of Fast Track Process for Ada
                 POSIX Binding for Realtime
                 Document N2231

     8.9  WG16 - Lisp                                       P. Parquier
          Document N2261

     8.10 WG17 - Prolog                                     R. Scowen
          Document N2238
          
     8.11 WG19 - Formal Specification Languages             D. Andrews
          Document N2292
     
     8.12 WG20 - Internationalization                       A. Winkler
          Document N2195, N2283

          8.12.1 Request for Title Change for Project JTC 1.22.30.02.02
                 Document N2195
      
          8.12.2 Request for Concurrent CD Registration and CD Ballot for 
                 Project JTC 1.22.30.02.03
                 Document N2195

          8.12.3 NP for Internationalization API Standard
                 Document N2195

     8.13 WG21 - C++                                        S. Harbison
          Document N2199
     
          8.13.1 Request for Approval of Revised Target Dates, Project 
                 JTC 1.22.32
                 Document N2199 

     8.14 WG22 - PCTE                                       R. Minot
                 Document N2239

          8.14.1 Request for Approval of Concurrent PDAM Registration and 
                 PDAM Ballot for Project JTC 1.22.47.2 (PDAMs 2 to IS
                 13719-1, IS 13719-2, and IS 13719-3)
                 Document N2239, N2286

9.   PROJECT EDITOR REPORT

     9.1  Basic                                             T. Kurtz
          Document N2223

     9.2  FIMS                                              D. Frantz
          Document  N2201

          9.2.1  Request to Withdraw Project JTC 1.22.27.02
                 Document N2201

     9.3  Pascal                                            T. Hetherington
          Document N2216                              

     9.4  PL/I                                              J. Klensin
          Document N2248

10.  AD HOC MEETINGS (as required)

11.  ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION

     11.1  JTC 1/SWG-GII

           11.1.1    Call for Subcommittee Membership
                     Document N2126

           11.l.2    Identification of SC22 Projects Relevant to GII
                     Document N2127, N2231

     11.2  Consideration of National Body Reviews of SC22 Program
           Management
           Document N2129,  N2228, N2245, N2267, N2272, N2273, N2275,
           N2277, N2282, N2285, N2289, N2290 

     11.3  JTC 1 ad hoc on Strategy for Implementation of IT
           Document  N1965,  N2105, N2106, N2114, N2115, N2117,
           N2118, N2119, N2120, N2121, N2124, N2192, N2231, N2251, N2263

           11.3.1 ISO Copyright Policy
                  Documents N2191, N2205, N2236 N2251, N2281

     11.4  SC22 Action Plans on Implementation of JTC 1 Policy on
           Conformity Assessment and Interoperability
           Document N2111, N2231, N2244

     11.5  Status of SC22 World Wide Web Page
           Documents N2070, N2085, N2121, N2246, N2263

     11.6  Status of SC22 Electronic Document Distribution Implementation
           Document N2071, N2121, N2253

     11.7  Maintenance of DIS 14977 (Syntactic Metalanguage - Extended
           BNF)
           Document N2258

     11.8  Maintenance of DIS 15145 (Forth)
     
     11.9  Cooperation with CEN/TC304
           Documents N1970 (res 95-31), N2225, N2230, N2231

     11.10 Request for Approval of Fast Track Processing of Document Under 
           Project JTC 1.22.47.5 - IDL Binding to PCTE
           Document N2206, N2239

     11.11 Liaison With SC26 ANDF Project
           Document N2252

     11.12 Java Programming Language
           Document N2268

12.  SC22 ADMINISTRATIVE ISSUES

     12.1  Review of Five-Year Meeting Schedule
           Document N1971

     12.2  Standards for Periodic Review
           Documents N2020

           12.2.1 ISO/IEC 6522:1992 - PL/I General Purpose Subset
                  Document N2248
                    
           12.2.2 ISO/IEC 11756:1992 - MUMPS

     12.3  Retention of Projects Not Reaching CD Stage Within Three Years
           of NP Approval
           Document N2145, N2227, N2228, N2231
 
     12.4  Retention of Projects Not Reaching DIS Stage Within Four
           Years of Reaching CD Stage
           Document N2146
     
     12.5  Working Group Conveners Appointments/Reappointments

           12.5.1   WG9 (Mr. Mathis)
                    Document N2259

           12.5.2   WG11 (Mr. Wakker)

           12.5.3   WG19 (Mr. Andrews)

           12.5.4   WG20 (Mr. Winkler)

           12.5.5   WG21 (Mr. Harbison)
                    Document N2199

13. OTHER BUSINESS

14. APPROVAL OF RESOLUTIONS AND STATEMENT OF RESULTS

15. ADJOURNMENT

_________________________end of document SC22 N2298 ___________________