Subject: SC22 N2301 - Plenary Resolutions

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 12:27:45 -0400 (EDT)

______________________start header page __________________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2301

October 1996

TITLE:               Resolutions Prepared at the Ninth Plenary Meeting
                     of ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 on September 23-27, 1996 in
                     London, United Kingdom

SOURCE:              Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

WORK ITEM:           N/A

STATUS:              N/A

CROSS REFERENCE:     SC22 N2299

DOCUMENT TYPE:       Resolutions of JTC 1/SC22 Plenary

ACTION:              To SC22 Member Bodies, WG Conveners and HODs for
                     action or information, as applicable.

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153  USA
Tel:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912=2973
email:  [email-masked]

____________________ start of document text _____________________________

                         RESOLUTIONS Prepared at the
                  Ninth Plenary Meeting of ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
                 London, United Kingdom - September 23-27, 1996

Resolution 96-1:  Approval of SC22 Work Program

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 approves its Programme of Work as recorded in document
SC22 N2303.

Resolution 96-2:  Approval of Liaison Statement to SC2

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 approves the liaison statement to SC22 in document SC22
N2291 and instructs its Secretariat to communicate it to the SC2
Secretariat.

Resolution 96-3:  Retention of Extended APL Project

Whereas the work on Project JTC 1.22.24.01, Programming Language Extended 
APL, has not reached DIS stage within four years of reaching CD stage, and 

whereas the specification is nearing completion, after having resolved 
editorial difficulties and conflicts over content,

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 resolves to retain Project JTC 1.22.24.01, Programming
Language Extended APL.

Resolution 96-4:  Fortran "Enhanced Data Type Facilities"

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 approves modification of the scope of Project JTC
1.22.02.01.04,  in accordance with SC22 resolution 95-5, to cover 
allocatable components, allocatable dummy arguments and allocatable
function results (but not parameterized derived types), and to change the
title of the Project to "Enhanced Data Type Facilities" (Technical Report
Type 2).

Resolution 96-5:  Fortran Conditional Compilation

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22"

approves the subdivision of Project JTC 1.22.02 to create a new project 
(Project JTC 1.22.02.03) for the production of Part 3 of the Fortran
Standard, ISO 1539, on the topic of "Conditional Compilation in Fortran";

appoints Mr. David Epstein (United States) as Project Editor for Project 
JTC 1.22.02.03; and

authorizes the SC22 Secretariat to conduct a concurrent ballot for CD 
Registration and CD Ballot for this project.

Resolution 96-6:  Nomination of SC22/WG9 Convener

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 requests the United States National Body to nominate a 
new Convener for SC22/WG9, and

thanks Dr. Robert Mathis for his willingness to serve as Interim Convener 
pending appointment of the new permanent Convener.

Resolution 96-7:  Withdrawal of SC22/WG13 Projects and Liaison

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 

withdraws Project JTC 1.22.18.03 - Modula-2 Binding to POSIX,

withdraws Project JTC 1.22.18.05 - Support for Commercial Programming in 
Modula-2,

withdraws Project JTC 1.22.18.06 - Further Support for Concurrent 
Programming in Modula-2; and

terminates the liaison between SC22/WG13 and SC22/WG15.

Resolution 96-8:  Change of Title for Project JTC 1.22.18.04

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 approves the change of title for Project JTC 1.22.18.04  from
"Modula-2 Extensions for System Programming" to "Generics in Modula-2".

Resolution 96-9:  Approval of NP on Interfacing Modula-2 to C

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 approves the NP in document SC22 N2296 calling for
preparation of a Type 3 Technical Report titled "Interfacing Modula-2 to
C", and instructs the SC22 Secretariat to forward this NP to ISO/IEC JTC 1
for further approval action.

Resolution 96-10:  Information on SC22/WG14 Web Site

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 directs the SC22 Secretariat to request the necessary
permissions from JTC 1 to permit SC22/WG14 to place the two Technical
Corrigenda and the two Record of Responses for ISO IS 9899 on the publicly
accessable SC22/WG14 web pages, using the content of document SC22 N2225R
as justification.

Resolution 96-11:  Withdrawal of SC22/WG15 Projects

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 approves the withdrawal of the following projects from 
its Programme of Work:

Project JTC 1.22.21.03.02 - POSIX System Administration - Batch Services;
Project JTC 1.22.21.01.04 - Addendum to IS 9945-1: Batch Services;
Project JTC 1.22.21.02.02 - User Portability Extension;
Project JTC 1.22.21.01.02.01 - Addendum to IS 9945-1: Realtime Extensions; 
and
Project JTC 1.22.21.01.02.02 - Addendum to ISO 9945-1: Realtime Extensions -
Threads.

Resolution 96-12:  Revision of the WG15 Synchronization Plan

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22:

approves the revised SC22/WG15 Synchronization Plan contained in document
SC22 N2231 (Attachment 4); and

instructs  SC22/WG15 to revise this plan to incorporate the new JTC  
procedures for "Final CD/DIS", currently in the approval cycle.  This
revision should facilitate smooth cooperation in the balloting process.

Resolution 96-13:  Subdivision of SC22/WG15 Work Items

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22:

approves the subdivision of Project JTC 1.22.21.04.01 - POSIX C Binding to 
add Project JTC 1.22.21.04.01.01 - Advanced Real Time Amendment, assigning
this Project to WG15 under the current administrative procedures;

approves the subdivision of Project JTC 1.22.15287 - International 
Standardized Profiles to add
Project JTC 1.22.15287.01 - POSIX Supercomputing Applications Environment 
Profile and
Project JTC 1.22.15287.02 - POSIX Real Time Application Support Profile, 
assigning these Projects to WG15 under the current administrative
procedures.

Resolution 96-14:  Fasttrack for Ada POSIX Real Time Bindings

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 concurs with WG15's recommendation for submission by the
United States National Body of realtime extensions to ISO/IEC IS 14519,
and invites the United States National Body to initiate such action.
(Note:  This is viewed as an amendment to ISO/IEC IS 14519, not as another
part of ISO/IEC IS 14519.)

Resolution 96-15:  Forwarding of POSIX Profile Taxonomy

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 endorses Attachment 1 of document SC22 N2231 as a 
proposed taxonomy for SC22 International Standardized Profiles based on
POSIX work and instructs the Liaison to SGFS to provide this taxonomy to
SGFS for their review, comment, and appropriate action.

Resolution 96-16:  Withdrawal of WG5 and WG14 Synchronization Plans

Whereas the Fortran and C Projects are now "I" Projects in American 
Standards Committee X3, and there is thus no need for synchronization of
independent SC22 and ANSI projects, 

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 withdraws the Synchronization Plans for WG5 and WG14.

Resolution 96-17:  Change of Title for Project JTC 1.22.30.02.02

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

approves the change of title for Project JTC 1.22.30.02.02 from 
"International String Ordering" to "International String Ordering - Method
for Comparing Character Strings and Description of a Default Tailorable
Ordering"; and

notes that the new French title for this Project is:  "Classement 
international de chaines de caracteres - Methode de comparaison de chaines
de caracteres et description d'un ordre de classement implicite
adaptable".

Resolution 96-18:  NP for "APIs for Internationalization"

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 approves document SC22 N2295R as the new NP for "APIs 
for Internationalization" and instructs the SC22 Secretariat to forward it
to JTC 1 for approval action.

Resolution 96-19:  Basic

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 reaffirms the progression of Technical Corrigendum 1 to
ISO/IEC IS 10279:1998, Programming Language Full Basic, and requests the 
SC22 Project Editor to produce the text for publication as quickly as
possible.

Resolution 96-20:  Fast-track of IDL Binding Under Current PCTE Project

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 resolves that ECMA-230 is suitable in content to be 
standardized under Project JTC 1.22.47 as ISO/IEC 13719, Part 4, save that
it is based on the previous version of DIS 14750, currently under DIS
ballot (which was balloted within ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 as CD 14750) although
no substantive changes to ECMA-230 are expected to be needed as a result
of being based on CD 14750.

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22, therefore, invites ECMA to consider the result of the 
JTC 1 ballot on approval of DIS 14750 and to confirm, at that time, that
the draft is still appropriate for Fast-track submission.  Upon receipt of
such confirmation from ECMA, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 agrees to the application
of the Fast-track procedure for processing ECMA-230.  If such confirmation
by ECMA is not possible, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 agrees to withdraw the
Fast-track submission.

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 meanwhile suspends the corresponding Project JTC 1.22.47.5.

Should the Fast-track processing of ECMA-230 not be initiated and the 
five-stage JTC 1 development procedure be reinstated with a draft based
largely on ECMA-230, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 authorizes the SC22 Secretariat to
conduct a concurrent CD registration and CD approval ballot for Project
JTC 1.22.47.5.

Resolution 96-21:  CEN/TC304 Cooperation

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 appoints WG20 as the contact point for cooperation with
CEN/TC304.

Resolution 96-22:  Cooperation with JTC 1/SC26

During its review of the NP for ANDF, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 was extremely 
surprised to learn that a CD ballot is underway within JTC 1/SC26 and
notes:

 - there is no indication on the NP ballot (JTC 1 N4189) that a 
   simultaneous CD ballot is underway;

 - ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 is indicated on the NP for cooperation and liaison;
 
 - ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 has significant interest in this area of work; and

 - ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 has not received a copy of the CD document.

Therefore, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 instructs the SC22 Secretariat to request 
from JTC 1/SC26 a copy of the ANDF CD document for distribution as soon as
possible and further requests JTC 1/SC26 to delay further processing of
the ANDF CD for a minimum of four months beyond the date the CD ballot
document is provided to SC22 in order to permit time for SC22 review and
comment.

Resolution 96-23.  Liaison to JTC 1/SC26

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 appoints Mr. Willem Wakker (Netherlands) as its liaison 
to JTC 1/SC26 for ANDF.

Resolution 96-24.  SC22 Contribution to JTC 1 Ad Hoc on Implementation 
                   of IT

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22:
approves documents SC22 N2293 and SC22 N2294 as its contribution to the 
JTC 1 ad hoc on Implementation of IT meeting in London, United Kingdom in
September 1996;
and

authorizes its Chairman, Mr. Robert Follett, to participate in this meeting
on behalf of ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22.

Resolution 96-25:  Work Related To Java

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22:

initiates a study period on Java-related standardization (in accordance 
with Paragraph 6.2.3 of the JTC 1 Directives) to investigate potential
approaches for Java-related standardization,

establishes a Java Study Group (JSG) to coordinate this study and report to
the next JTC 1/SC22 Plenary (if not sooner).  In particular, this Java
Study Group is to consider appropriate new work item proposals;

appoints Dr. Robert Mathis (United States) as Convener of this Java Study 
Group.  All participants in the 1996 JTC 1/SC22 Plenary are invited and
encourages to participate and National Member Bodies are encouraged to
nominate other participants.  The Convener is empowered to involve other
organizations and individuals that might contribute to understanding and
resolving issues. 

The work of the Java Study Group will be conducted via email and other 
Internet mechanisms to the maximum extent possible, in addition to the
meetings proposed for January and June 1997.

Resolution 96-26:  Conformance Assessment and Interoperability

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22:

approves document SC22 N2297 as its response to the ISO/IEC JTC 1 request 
for response on conformity assessment and interoperability contained in
document SC22 N2111; and

instructs the SC22 Secretariat to forward this response to SWG-CA.

Resolution 96-28:  Paragraph Numbers for PCTE

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22:

notes that ISO/IEC IS 13719:1995 (PCTE) falls under the rationale in 
document SC22 N1967 for inclusion of paragraph numbers in that each of its
parts is long (259, 152 and 132 pages respectively) with many clauses
which span several pages and contain many paragraphs, with further parts
likely to be of the same nature.  Citation of individual requirements in
these standards is extremely awkward for the reasons noted in document
SC22 N1967 and the use and maintenance of the text of ISO/IEC IS 13719 is
consequently hindered;

authorizes the use of paragraph numbers in future editions of all parts of ISO/IEC IS
13719.

Resolution 96-29:  Paragraph Numbers for C++

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22:

notes CD 14882 falls under the rationale in document SC22 N1967 for 
inclusion of paragraph numbers.  The CD is a very long document
(approximately 700 pages) with many clauses which span several pages and
contain many paragraphs.  Citation of individual requirements in this CD
is extremely awkward for the reasons noted in SC22 document N1967 and the
use and maintenance of the text of CD 124882 is consequently hindered;

authorizes the use of paragraph numbers in the future CD, DIS and IS.  

Resolution 96-27:  IS 14977 - Extended BNF

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22, recognizing that ISO/IEC 14977 - "Syntactic 
Metalanguage - Extended BNF" is a (simple) formal language, assigns
responsibility for future maintenance of this standard to WG19.

Resolution 96-30:  Withdrawal of FIMS COBOL Binding Project

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 withdraws Project JTC 1.22.27.02 - Addendum to FIMS -
COBOL Binding, and directs the SC22 Secretariat to communicate this action 
to ISO/IEC ITTF.

Resolution 96-31:  Response to JTC 1 on GII

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 instructs the SC22 Secretariat to forward the SC22 
Programme of Work summary in the form agreed by ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 for
transmission to SWG-GII in response to the JTC 1 request that
Subcommittees provide information on their existing GII-related standards.

Resolution 96-32:  M(UMPS) Fast-Track

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 invites the United States National Body to submit the 
M(UMPS) Standards for Fast-track approval as the revision of ISO/IEC
11756:1992.

Resolution 96-33:  1996 Periodic Review of SC22 Standards

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 recommends:

that ISO/IEC 6522:1992 - PL/I General Purpose Subset, be confirmed; and

that ISO/IEC 11756:1992 - Programming Language MUMPS, be revised.

Resolution 96-34:  Continuation of Projects

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22:

notes that the projects below have exceeded the statutory time for 
proceeding from WD to CD stage;

notes, however, that significant progress has been made on these projects, 
and there is no reason to suppose that they will not be completed;

having reviewed the situation in each case, accepts the explanation that 
has been presented for the need for further time in the case of these
documents; and therefore

authorizes the extension by one year of the time permitted for proceeding 
from the WD to CD stage for the following projects:

     JTC 1.22.29.02 - Vienna Development Method/Specification Language, 
                      Part 2: Modules
     JTC 1.22.21.01.01 - POSIX System Interface (Language Independent).

Resolution 96-35:  Convenership of SC22/WG13

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 accepts, with appreciation, the offer from the Austria 
National Body to provide the Secretariat for SC22/WG13, and

appoints Dr. Martin Schoenhacker as the new Convener of SC22/WG13.

Resolution 96-36:  Appointment of SC22/WG14 Convener

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 appoints Mr. John Benito (United States) as Convener of 
SC22/WG14.

Resolution 96-37:  Appointment of SC22/WG21 Convener

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 appoints Dr. Thomas Plum (United States) as Convener of
SC22/WG21.

Resolution 96-38:  Reappointment of Conveners

ISO/IEC JTC 1 SC22:

reappoints Mr. Willem Wakker (Netherlands) as Convener of SC22/WG11 
(pending confirmation from the Netherland National Body);

reappoints Mr. Derek Andrews (United Kingdom) as Convener of SC22/WG19
(pending confirmation from the United Kingdom National Body); and

reappoints Mr. Arnold Winkler (United States) as Convener of SC22/WG20 
(pending confirmation from the United States National Body).

Resolution 96-39: Concurrent PDTR Registration and Ballot

Subject to a successful JTC 1 NP ballot result for the NP for the 
"Interfacing Modula-2 to C" Project, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 authorizes the
SC22 Secretariat to conduct a concurrent ballot for PDTR Registration and
PDTR approval for this Project.

Resolution 96-40:  Fortran Ballots

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 authorizes the SC22 Secretariat to conduct a concurrent 
PDTR Registration and PDTR Ballot for the following Projects:

Project JTC 1.22.02.01.02 - Floating Point Exception Handling;
Project JTC 1.22.02.01.03 - Interoperability Between Fortran and C; and
Project JTC 1.22.02.01.04 - Enhanced Data Type Facilities

Resolution 96-41:  Concurrent CD Registration and CD Ballot for Project  
                   JTC 1.22.30.02.03

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 authorizes the SC22 Secretariat to conduct a concurrent 
ballot for CD Registration and CD approval for Project JTC 1.22.30.02.03 -
Functionality for Internationalization - Specification of Cultural
Conventions.

Resolution 96-42:  Forth

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 appoints Mr. John Rible (United States) as Project Editor
of ISO/IEC IS 15145, Programming Language Forth, adopted as an
International Standard under the Fast-track process, and requests the
United States National Body to ensure that there is full opportunity for
international participation in the maintenance and further development of 
the Standard.

Resolution 96-43:  Concurrent PDAM Registration and Ballot for PCTE

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 authorizes the SC22 Secretariat to conduct concurrent 
ballots for PDAM registration  and PDAM approval for PDAM2 to ISO/IEC
13719-1; PDAM2 to ISO/IEC 13719-2; and PDAM2 to ISO/IEC 13719-3 under
Project JTC 1.22.47.2.

Resolution 96-44:  Project Editor for Project JTC 1.22.02.01.03

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 appoints Mr. Michael Hennecke (Denmark) as Project 
Editor for project JTC 1.22.02.01.03 - Interoperability Between Fortran
and C.

Resolution 96-45:  Project Editor for Project JTC 1.22.18.01

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 appoints Mr. C. (Kees) Pronk (Netherlands) as Project 
Editor for Project JTC 1.22.18.01 - Programming Language Modula-2.

Resolution 96-46:  Appointment of WG15 Project Editors

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 approves appointment of the following Project Editors:

Mr. Keld Simonsen (Denmark) for 
Project JTC 1.22.21.01.01 - POSIX System Interface (Language Independent), 
and  
Project JTC 1.22.14766 - Guide for POSIX National Profiles;

Mr. Stephen Walli (United States) for 
Project JTC 1.22.21.04.01 - POSIX C Binding; 
Project JTC 1.22.21.01.03.03 - Addendum to ISO 9945-1: Distributed Services
 - Protocol Independent Interface; 
Project JTC 1.22.40 - POSIX Part 1: System API Addendum for Realtime;
Project JTC 1.22.21.02.01 - POSIX Shell and Utilities; and
Project JTC 1.22.41 - POSIX - Part 2: Shell and Utility Addendum

Mr. Martin Kirk (United Kingdom) for
Project JTC 1.22.21.03.03 - POSIX System Administration - Print 
Administration; and
Project JTC 1.22.21.03.05 - POSIX System Administration - User 
Administration  

Mr. Jay Ashford (United States) for Project JTC 1.22.21.03.04 - POSIX 
System Administration - Software Administration

Mr. Ted Baker (United States) for Project JTC 1.22.21.04.02 - POSIX Ada 
Binding

Mr. Barry Hedquist (United States) for
Project JTC 1.22.37 - Test Methods for Measuring Conformance to POSIX;
Project JTC 1.22.14515-1 - System Interface Test Methods;
Project JTC 1.22.14515-1.01 - Initial System API; and
Project JTC 1.22.14515-1.02 - Realtime Extensions

Mr. Shane McCarron (United States) for Project JTC 1.22.14515-2 - Test 
Methods for POSIX Base Standards;

Mr. Casey Schaufler (United States) for
Project JTC 1.22.42 - POSIX Part 1: System API Security Addendum; and
Project JTC 1.22.43 - POSIX Part 2: Shell and Utility Security 
Administration

Mr. Jim Oblinger (United States) for
Project JTC 1.22.15287.01 - POSIX Supercomputing Applications Environment 
Profile; and
Project JTC 1.22.15287.02 - POSIX Real Time Applications Support Profile.

Resolution 96-47:  Appreciation:  SC22 Web Page Maintainers

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 expresses its appreciation to Mr. Keld Simonsen and
Mr. Brian Meek for the excellent SC22 World Wide Web pages they have
developed and are maintaining.

Resolution 96-48:  Appreciation:  Web Document List

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 expresses its appreciation to the Danish Standards 
Association for the very useful and much needed document lists of JTC 1
Committees being provided by them on the World Wide Web.

Resolution 96-49:  Appreciation:  Dr. Robert Mathis

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 notes that Dr. Robert Mathis plans to retire as Convener
of SC22/WG9, and expresses its warmest thanks and appreciation to him for
his many years of service.

Resolution 96-50:  Appreciation:  Mr. C. (Kees) Pronk

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 thanks Mr. C. (Kees) Pronk for his efforts in
overcoming a difficult situation in SC22/WG13 by serving as the Interim
Convener of SC22/WG13 and advancing ISO/IEC 10514-1 to publication.

Resolution 96-51:  Appreciation:  Dr. Bill Plauger

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 expresses its warmest thanks and appreciation to 
Dr. Bill Plauger for his many years of service as Convener of SC22/WG14.

Resolution 96-52:  Appreciation:  Dr. Sam Harbison

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 expresses its warmest thanks and appreciation to 
Dr. Sam Harbison for his years of service as Convener of SC22/WG21.

Resolution 96-53:  Appreciation:  Mr. Jean-Louis Keerens

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 expresses its gratitude and appreciation to 
Mr. Jean-Louis Keerens for his many contributions to ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 as
Head of Delegation for the French Member Body.

Resolution 96-54:  Appreciation:  Mr. Andrew Walker
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 expresses its gratitude and appreciation to Mr. Andrew
Walker for his many contributions to ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 as Head of
Delegation for the United Kingdom Member Body.

Resolution 96-55:  Appreciation:  Mr. John Hill

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 expresses its gratitude and appreciation to Mr. John Hill for his many
contributions to ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 as Head of Delegation for the United States Member
Body.

Resolution 96-56:  Appreciation:  Dr. Roger Henry

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 thanks Dr. Roger Henry, Project Editor for Project 
JTC 1.22.18.01, for his valuable contributions to the successful
completion of ISO/IEC 10514-1, Programming Language Modula-2.

Resolution 96-57:  Appreciation:  General

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 expresses its appreciation to all those who have 
assisted in the work of this meeting, and in particular:

to the companies and institutions that sponsored the meeting; namely 
BSI/DISC, X/Open, Ada UK, NAG, Cap Gemini, Formal Methods Europe and IDEM;

to Ms. Noma Halloran for her secretarial services, to Mr. Brian Meek for 
his organization of the meeting, and especially to Ms. Jean Stride for her
outstanding meeting support.

to the ad hoc meeting Conveners; namely Dr. Miles Ellis (JTC 1 Ad Hoc on 
IT), Mr. Arnold Winkler (Short Identifier), Mr. Jim Issak (Conformance
Assessment and Interoperability), and Dr. Robert Mathis (Java Programming
Language);

to the Drafting Committee members, namely:  Mr. Keld Simonsen (Drafting 
Committee Chairman), Mr. John Benito, Mr. Toshiaki Kurokawa, and Mr.
Michael Pickett; 

to Mr. William Rinehuls for his continuing excellent management of the 
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 program of work as the SC22 Secretariat; and, last but
not least

to Mr. Robert Follett for his patient, good-humored but, nevertheless, 
efficient chairing of the meeting.

               (All resolutions passed unanimously.)

____________________end of document SC22 N2301 ___________________________