Subject: SC 22 N 3281 - Resolutions of the SC 22/WG 5 London Meeting, 30 J uly to 3 August 2001

From: Matthew Deane <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 15:08:48 -0400

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)
 
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 N3281
 
TITLE:
Resolutions of the SC 22/WG 5 London Meeting, 30 July to 3 August 2001

DATE ASSIGNED:
2001-08-07
 
SOURCE:
SC 22/WG 5 Convenor (J. Reid)

BACKWARD POINTER:
N/A
 
DOCUMENT TYPE:
Meeting Resolutions

PROJECT NUMBER:
N/A
 
STATUS:
For information.

ACTION IDENTIFIER:
FYI
 
DUE DATE:
  
DISTRIBUTION:
Text

CROSS REFERENCE:
 
DISTRIBUTION FORM:
Open
 
Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
Matt Deane
ANSI
25 West 43rd Street
New York, NY  10036
Telephone:  (212) 642-4992
Fax:             (212) 840-2298
Email:  [email-masked]

______end cover page, beginning of document___________

ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG5-N1443

               RESOLUTIONS OF THE WG5 MEETING
           ON 30 JULY TO 3 AUGUST 2001 IN LONDON, UK

Resolutions L1 to L9 were passed by unanimous consent, L10 and L11 by 
unanimous acclaim.

L1. Technical Corrigendum 2 for Part 1 of the Fortran Standard
That WG5 approves the interpretations to Part 1 of the Fortran 
standard which are listed in WG5-N1466.
 
L2.  Maintenance of Part 1 of the Fortran Standard
That WG5 endorses papers WG5-N1452, N1456, N1463 and N1464 which 
contain suggestions for progressing unresolved interpretation 
requests.

L3.  Enhanced Module Facilities Technical Report
That WG5 directs its convener to submit a proposal to the SC22 
secretariat for a new work item for the production of a Technical 
Report on enhanced module facilities, the proposal to be made so that 
a decision can be reached at the September 2001 SC22 plenary meeting 
and the report to be targeted for final publication in 2004/2005.  
Further, WG5 thanks Van Snyder for producing an initial draft 
technical report (WG5-1434), for explanatory papers (WG5-N1433 and 
WG5-N1436) and for volunteering to be Project Editor.

L4.  Review of Fortran 2000 Draft Standard 
That WG5 congratulates the primary development body for its work on 
constructing the draft Fortran 2000 standard and for adhering to the 
agreed schedule.  Further it particularly congratulates the Project 
Editor, Richard Maine, for the high quality of his work and for 
producing the latest draft standard in good time for it to be 
considered at this WG5 meeting.  Following a review of the draft, WG5 
endorses the following papers on various issues: WG5-N1453, N1454, 
N1455, N1461 and N1462.

L5.  Minor Technical Enhancement to Fortran 2000
That WG5 approves the proposal to enhance module facilities which is 
described in WG5-N1458 and requests its primary development body to 
consider incorporating it into the Fortran 2000 draft, provided that 
this does not delay delivery of the first CD, which is scheduled for 
June 2002.

L6.  Summary of Fortran 2000
That WG5 thanks Dan Nagle for producing, in response to requests from 
members, a summary of new features in Fortran 2000 (WG5-N1459), and 
draws attention to it.

L7.  Forwarding information to the Primary Development Body
That WG5 directs its convener to ensure that the papers specified in 
resolutions L2, L4 and L5 be forwarded to the primary development body 
before 6 August 2001 in order that they may be available at the next 
meeting of the primary development body.

L8.  Disposition of Comments on Part 3 of the Fortran Standard 
(Conditional Compilation)
That WG5 records its intent to produce a disposition of comments 
document for ISO/IEC 1539-3 (Conditional Compilation in Fortran) 
during the next year.

L9.  Future Meetings
That WG5 thanks the US member body for offering to host the WG5 
meetings to be held, jointly with J3, in Las Vegas on 11 to 16 August 
2002 and on 30 March to 4 April 2003.  Further WG5 thanks the German 
member body for offering to host the WG5 meeting to be held in Dresden 
in July/August 2003.

L10.  Vote of Thanks for Support
That WG5 thanks the British Standards Institution, the British 
Computer Society Fortran Specialist Group and John Young for 
generously supporting the meeting.

L11.  Vote of Thanks
That WG5 wishes to express its appreciation to the convener (John 
Reid), the secretary (Lars Mossberg), the librarian (Malcolm Cohen), 
the drafting committee, the host (David Muxworthy) and other local 
organizers (Keith Seyde and Tanya Thomas) for their contributions to 
the success of the meeting and to Alison Reid for organizing the 
spouses' programme.