Subject: Document SC22 N2266

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 13:20:51 -0400 (EDT)

(Note:  Austria National Body Report)

___________________________________________________________________________
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A.  (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2266

September 1996

TITLE:               Austria National Activity Report for the 
                     JTC 1/SC22 September 1996 Plenary Meeting

SOURCE:              Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

WORK ITEM:           N/A

STATUS:              N/A

CROSS REFERENCE:     N/A

DOCUMENT TYPE:       Austria National Acrtivity Report

ACTION:              To SC22 Member Bodies for information.

                     THIS DOCUMENT WILL BE DISCUSSED UNDER AGENDA ITEM
                     7.2 AT THE SEPTEMBER 1996 JTC 1/SC22 PLENARY.

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153
Tel:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

___________________________________________________________________

  Austrian National Body Report
  to the ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22 Plenary
  London, UK, Sept. 23rd-27th, 1996

  The situation of AG 001.5, the Austrian mirror committee of SC22,
has not changed much in that there is still little support from
industry.  However, we have been able to follow many of the efforts
in SC22 at least passively, and in some working groups participation
is very active.

  WG5 Fortran has tentatively scheduled a meeting for the summer of
1997 which will be hosted by Mr Gerhard Schmitt at Vienna.  Many
SC22 delegates will still remember him as the former HoD to SC22.

  Furthermore, ON (the Austrian NB) has agreed to provide the
resources for convenership of WG13 Modula-2 and has submitted a
nomintation of Dr Martin Schoenhacker as suggested by WG13.  This
nomination will be discussed as agenda item 8.6.1, the related
documents are SC22 N2098 and N2186.

_____________________end of document SC22 N2266 ______________________