Subject: Document SC22 N2254

From: "william c. rinehuls" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 17:41:18 -0400 (EDT)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces
Secretariat:  U.S.A. (ANSI)

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22
N2254

August 1995

TITLE:              Revised Agenda for the Ninth Plenary Meeting of
                    ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 on September 23-27, 1996 in
                    London, United Kingdom

SOURCE:             Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22

WORK ITEM:          N/A

STATUS:             N/A

CROSS REFERENCE:    Supersedes SC22 N2147

DOCUMENT TYPE:      Revised Agenda for JTC 1/SC22 1996 Plenary

ACTION:             To SC22 Member Bodies, WG Conveners and HODs for
                    information.

Address reply to:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC22 Secretariat
William C. Rinehuls
8457 Rushing Creek Court
Springfield, VA 22153  USA
Tel:  +1 (703) 912-9680
Fax:  +1 (703) 912-2973
email:  [email-masked]

__________________________________________________________________________
                                    
              NINTH PLENARY MEETING OF ISO/IEC  JTC 1/SC22
                         LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
                                                      
                          SEPTEMBER 23-27, 1996

Location: British Standards Institution
          389 Chiswick High Road
          London W4 4AL, United Kingdom
          Telephone:  +44 (0)181 996 9000
          Fax:  +44 (0)181 996 7448

                             REVISED AGENDA

Monday, September 23, 1996 - 1000 hours to 1800 hours
Tuesday, September 24 through Thursday, September 26, 1996 - 0930 to 1830 hours
Friday, September 27, 1996 - 0930 to 1300
(Ad Hocs and the Drafting Committee will meet on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday as necessary
to complete their work.)

1.  OPENING OF MEETING

2.  CHAIRMAN'S REMARKS

3.  ROLL CALL OF DELEGATES

4.  APPOINTMENT OF DRAFTING COMMITTEE

5.  ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
    Document N2254

6.  REPORT OF THE SECRETARIAT
    Document N2142

    6.1  SC22 Project Information
         Document N2255

    6.2  Outstanding Actions from the Eighth Plenary of SC22
         Document N1970, N1971

    6.3  JTC 1/SC22 Standing Documents
         Document N2256

7.  ACTIVITY REPORTS

    7.1  Report from the Chairman
         Documents N2097, N2106

    7.2  National Reports
         (Written reports to be submitted by Heads of Delegation,
         presentation up to 5 minutes.)
         Document N2242

    7.3  Liaison Reports - External to ISO/IEC JTC 1

         7.3.1  CCE -   Commission of the European Communities

         7.3.2  CIRF -  International Institutions for Production
                        Engineering Research   
     
         7.3.3  ECMA -  European Computer Manufacturers Association

         7.3.4  EWICS - European Workshop on Industrial Computer Systems

         7.3.5  IFIP -  International Federal for Information Processing

         7.3.6  ITU -   International Telecommunication Union
               
    7.4  Report of Liaison Officers

         7.4.1     Liaison Officer to SC2 -           J. Van Wingen

         7.4.2     Liaison Officer to SC7 -           J. Cote

         7.4.3     Liaison Officer to SC21 -          I. Korn

         7.4.4     Liaison Officer to SC21/WG3 -      I. Korn

         7.4.5     Liaision Officer to SC1 -          to be determined

         7.4.6     Liaison Officer to SC27 -          to be determined

8.  WORKING GROUP REPORTS
    (Written report to be submitted by Conveners before presentation.
     Presentation up to 15 minutes.)

    8.1  WG3 - APL                                    L. Dickey
         Document *

    8.2  WG4 - COBOL                                  A. Wallace
         Document N2227

         8.2.1  Request for Approval of Revised Target Dates,
                Project JTC 1.22.01.07
                Document N2227

    8.3  WG5 - Fortran                                     M. Ellis
               Document N2234

         8.3.1  Request for Appointment of Project Editor for Project
                JTC 1.22.02.01.02
                Document N2234

         8.3.2  Request for Approval of New Scope and Title for Project
                JTC 1.22.02.01.03
                Document N2234

         8.3.3  Request to Subdivide Project JTC 1.22.02.01.01
                Document N2234, N2235

         8.3.4  Request for Approval of Concurrent CD Registration and
                CD Ballot for Projects JTC 1.22.02.01.02,  JTC
                1.22.02.01.03 and JTC 1.22.02.01.04
                Document N2234

    8.4  WG9 -  Ada                                    R. Mathis
                Document *

    8.5  WG11 - Binding Techniques                     W. Wakker
                Document N2240

    8.6  WG13 - Modula 2                               C. Pronk
                Document N2196

         8.6.1  Nomination of Dr. Martin Schonhacker (Austria) as 
                Convener of WG13
                Document N2098, N2186

         8.6.2  Nomination of Mr. C. Pronk (Netherlands) as Project
                Editor for Project JTC 1.22.18.01
                Document N2196

         8.6.3  Change of Title for Project JTC 1.22.18.04
                Document N2196

         8.6.4  Withdrawal of Projects JTC 1.22.18.03,  JTC 1.22.18.05
                and JTC 1.22.18.06
                Document N2196

         8.6.5  Request to Subdivide Project JTC 1.22.18
                Document N2196

         8.6.6  Request for Concurrent PDTR Registration and PDTR Ballot
                for "Guidelines for C Bindings"
                Document N2196 
 
    8.7  WG14 - C                                     P. Plauger
         Document N2225

         8.7.1  Request for WWW Availability of Technical Corrigenda
                Document N2225

         8.7.2  Appointment of WG14 Convener
                Document N2225

    8.8  WG15 - POSIX                                  J. Isaak
         Document N2231

         8.8.1  Request for Appointment of Project Editors
                Document N2231

         8.8.2  Request for Withdrawal of Projects JTC 1.22.21.02.02, 
                JTC 1.22.21.01.02.01, JTC 1.22.21.01.02.02,  JTC
                1.22.21.01.04 and  JTC 1.22.21.03.02
                Document N2231

         8.8.3  Approval of WG15 Synchronization Plan
                Document N2231

         8.8.4  Request for Approval of SC22 Recommendation for Profiles
                Document N2231

         8.8.5  Request for Division of Work
                Document N2231

         8.8.6  Request for Endorsement of Fast Track Process for Ada POSIX
                Binding for Realtime
                Document N2231

    8.9  WG16 - Lisp                                       P. Parquier
                Document *

    8.10 WG17 - Prolog                                     R. Scowen
                Document N2238

    8.11 WG19 - Formal Specification Languages             D. Andrews
                Document *
     
    8.12 WG20 - Internationalization                       A. Winkler
                Document N2195

         8.12.1 Request for Title Change for Project JTC 1.22.30.02.02
                Document N2195
      
    8.13 WG21 - C++                                        S. Harbison
                Document N2199
     
         8.13.1 Request for Approval of Revised Target Dates, Project
                JTC 1.22.32
                Document N2199 

    8.14 WG22 - PCTE                                        R. Minot
                Document N2239

         8.14.1 Request for Approval of Concurrent PDAM Registration and
                PDAM Ballot for Project JTC 1.22.47.2 (PDAMs 2 to IS
                13719-1, IS 13719-2, and IS 13719-3)
                Document N2239

9.  PROJECT EDITORS REPORT

    9.1  Basic                                            T. Kurtz
         Document N2223

    9.2  FIMS                                             D. Frantz
         Document  N2201

         9.2.1 Request to Withdraw Project JTC 1.22.27.02
               Document N2201

    9.3  Pascal                                            T. Hetherington
         Document N2216                              

    9.4  PL/I                                              J. Klensin
         Document N2248

10. AD HOC MEETINGS (as required)

11. ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION

    11.1  JTC 1/SWG-GII

          11.1.1 Call for Subcommittee Membership
                 Document N2126

          11.l.2 Identification of SC22 Projects Relevant to GII
                 Document N2127, N2231

    11.2  Consideration of National Body Reviews of SC22 Program
          Management
          Document N2129,  N2228, N2245 *

    11.3  JTC 1 ad hoc on Strategy for Implementation of IT
          Document  N1965,  N2105, N2106, N2114, N2115, N2117, N2118,
          N2119, N2120, N2121, N2124, N2192, N2231, N2236, N2251

          11.3.1 ISO Copyright Policy
                 Documents N2191, N2205, N2251

    11.4  SC22 Action Plans on Implementation of JTC 1 Policy on Conformity
          Assessment and Interoperability
          Document N2111, N2244

    11.5  Status of SC22 World Wide Web Page
          Documents N2070, N2085, N2121, N2246

    11.6  Status of SC22 Electronic Document Distribution Implementation
          Document N2071, N2121, N2253

    11.7  Maintenance of DIS 14997 (Method of Defining Syntactic
          Metalanguage)

    11.8  Maintenance of DIS 15145 (Forth)
     
    11.9  Cooperation with CEN/TC304
          Documents N1970 (res 95-31), N2230, N2231

    11.10 Request for Approval of Fast Track Processing of Document Under
          Project JTC 1.22.47.5 - IDL Binding to PCTE
          Document N2206, N2239

    11.11 Liaison With SC26 ANDF Project
          Document N2252

12. SC22 ADMINISTRATIVE ISSUES

    12.1  Review of Five-Year Meeting Schedule
          Document N1971

    12.2  Standards for Periodic Review
          Documents N2020

          12.2.1 ISO/IEC 6522:1992 - PL/I General Purpose Subset
                 Document N2248
                    
          12.2.2 ISO/IEC 11756:1992 - MUMPS

    12.3  Retention of Projects Not Reaching CD Stage Within Three Years
          of NP Approval
          Document N2145, N2227, N2228, N2231
 
    12.4  Retention of Projects Not Reaching DIS Stage Within Four
          Years of Reaching CD Stage
          Document N2146
     
    12.5  Working Group Conveners Appointments/Reappointments

          12.5.1 WG9 (Mr. Mathis)

          12.5.2 WG11 (Mr. Wakker)

          12.5.3 WG19 (Mr. Andrews)

          12.5.4 WG20 (Mr. Winkler)

          12.5.5 WG21 (Mr. Harbison)
                 Document N2199

13. OTHER BUSINESS

14. APPROVAL OF RESOLUTIONS AND STATEMENT OF RESULTS

15. ADJOURNMENT

*  Document not yet available.
_______________________________-end of document SC22 N2254 _______________